Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,107 Posts
Yes I understand they bolt together. My question is do they mount to the bike at the middle or just float there?
Edit: I downloaded the install directions and there is indeed a bracket with 1 bolt hole attaching by the headlight and also joins the 2 sides together. I ask because I have a rigid led bar I could mount there if it was solid enough. Seems it would be.

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
420 Posts
Yes I understand they bolt together. My question is do they mount to the bike at the middle or just float there?
Edit: I downloaded the install directions and there is indeed a bracket with 1 bolt hole attaching by the headlight and also joins the 2 sides together. I ask because I have a rigid led bar I could mount there if it was solid enough. Seems it would be.
KLR-Mule’s picture at the bottom of the first page show’s where it bolts to the fairing bracket.

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
420 Posts
Yep thanks. Looks like he added a nice picture now. Pretty slick crashbars.
Agreed, they appear to be a great value. They could’ve pushed them a little further forward IMO. I like my T-Rex slightly more but they’re more expensive and I need to get black hardware for the crossbar. They blend decent with the headlight and fog lights but they really should’ve been black and a type of screw/bolt that’s lower profile.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Still contemplating on whether or not I’ll need the Tusk lower crash bars…..if they ever become available for purchase.

I had the Tusk CB’s on my previous 2018 klr. I dumped that sucker at least 2 dozen times on all sorts of crap….and nothing ever happened to the engine, skid plate, shifter lever, and rear brake lever. Tusk also never made a “lower crash bar” option for the gen 2 klr.

I’m thinking these upper CB’s might be sufficient.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That bracket bolts to the bike under the headlight. There is a short bolt with the kit to use. I just installed mine yesterday. A spacer goes between the bracket and the mount on the bike. It is the spot the factory light bar connects too.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,107 Posts
Still contemplating on whether or not I’ll need the Tusk lower crash bars…..if they ever become available for purchase.

I had the Tusk CB’s on my previous 2018 klr. I dumped that sucker at least 2 dozen times on all sorts of crap….and nothing ever happened to the engine, skid plate, shifter lever, and rear brake lever. Tusk also never made a “lower crash bar” option for the gen 2 klr.

I’m thinking these upper CB’s might be sufficient.
Thoughts?
I'm having evil thoughts of ordering the Tusk bars, chopping the engine mount portion and welding them to the oem lowers I have installed. It's just crazy enough it may just work out perfectly!

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm having evil thoughts of ordering the Tusk bars, chopping the engine mount portion and welding them to the oem lowers I have installed. It's just crazy enough it may just work out perfectly!
Make sure to include the pics if you do!

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I came across a set of Tusk lower crash bars on eBay last night. They were selling for ~1/2 price because of a small scratch on one of the bars. Paid $70, but think they will be retailing for $130….which is ridiculous to me.

I haven’t been able to locate these lower CB’s on RMATV, so they must not be available to the public yet.

For anyone curious about them, here they are.
Product Font Material property Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Auto part Bicycle part Metal Rectangle Nickel

Bicycle part Tool Font Auto part Stonemason's hammer

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well we got bad news. I received the Tusk lower crash bars and attempted to fit them onto my klr. The right side fits perfectly, but the left side is not even close. It appears that the left side bar needs to extend another 3/4 inch for proper fitment to the lower portion of the upper crash bar. The skid plate might be interfering with fitment. One might think they would’ve designed these bars around the ricochet skid plate….since it seems to be the most popular skid plate option for the klr.

I feel this eBay stunt may have been a trial run for RMATV, since they don’t even have this product available on their webpage.

In addition, there weren’t any scratch marks on the bars. It looked like someone deliberately smeared silver anti-seize compound on one of the bars. Wiped right off and they were in perfect condition.

Office supplies Wood Bumper Material property Tool

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Crankset

Wheel Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

21 - 33 of 33 Posts