Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I just want to say, I love your videos.

Thanks, and please keep up the good work :)
Thank you, I love the mix of riding and doing video and am happy it's enjoyable to others too. :desismiley1:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
ok so you get her going like you say about 3 grand which is what like 10mph or so in 1rst. then you drop the throttle, the front end dips down then you crack it open and pull with your arms? let me know if i understood that all correctly. i've been thinking of learning this technique for a while but haven't had a need for it as of yet and also haven't looked how to.

·
Registered
269 Posts
does anybody else have dreams of doing lonnnnnnnnnnnnng wheelies? i have no problem 'getting it up' but i'de sure like to be able to go a little longer. lol. i remember when i first wore out my stock rear tire i could wheelie with almost no effort. much harder with a new knobbie on pavement. too much flex. good luck everybody. oh, and i only do it to look cool.

Reactions: CrypticNothings

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
does anybody else have dreams of doing lonnnnnnnnnnnnng wheelies? i have no problem 'getting it up' but i'de sure like to be able to go a little longer. lol. i remember when i first wore out my stock rear tire i could wheelie with almost no effort. much harder with a new knobbie on pavement. too much flex. good luck everybody. oh, and i only do it to look cool.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL :35a: The guy who really taught me could wheelie the KLR for ever. He actually had to put it down because the oil was coming out the breather. He said it was balance, pure and simple. Finding that point and then maintaining it. Well, I have the balance of a drunk elephant so I'll settle for a foot or so up and 20 ft long. :49:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I feel your pain. I want to wheelie so bad. Comin from having 2 gsxrs, it kinda hurts my feelings to ride the KLR ...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball." -Patches O'Houlihan

"If you can ride wheelies in traffic on the streets of Brooklyn, you can ride wheelies anywhere." -Eric Planalp

·
Registered
97 Posts
At the risk of sounding arrogant, when I was a lot younger I learned to wheelie ( after breaking many tail lights and lots of road rash) on a small dual sport (Hodaka 100), and yep! I’d bought the book” Learn to Wheelie” that was like 1971 I think. Followed the book, still crash and burn-so to speak. With lots of determination ( and removed the tail light) I continued untill I could wheelie in 1 gear anywhere, even around some corners. Many faster 2nd gear wheelies were executed also. Still have the book ( I’ll post a pic for proof as soon as I figure out how. That was 49 yrs ago. After that bike I bought a Yamaha DT360. It was bad a$$ to me back then. Wheelies were a lot faster, but fewer as I did not want to crash my new Yamaha, I only did some wheelies in the dirt from time to time. After that I bought a Triumph Bonnieville. No more wheelies for me, but have road /owned all sorts/types mcs since. Wow, the memories!.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts