Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife always told me she didn't want to scrape me off the pavement. So I've gone many years without riding. But she passed away last year from cancer.

Some neighbors convinced me to buy an XR650L, so I bought a used one and have had lots of fun. But the more I rode the more I thought of a KLR. At 65 I'm not as interested in thrashing about as I used to be. I like cruising the mountain roads.

So yesterday I bought a new 2022 KLR basic edition. No heated grips, no fancy lights, no power outlets for everything under the sun. Just a bike. And I love it.

I live in the Santa Cruz CA area so I have an abundance of mountain roads and ocean highways to cruise. And logging/fire roads to explore.

I'll enjoy learning from the experience in this group.

·
Administrator
9,158 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your time here and your new bike.

My condolences on the loss of your wife. That's a hard thing to deal with.

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure
36 Posts
Welcome. I'm also pretty new, but I look forward to reading your posts.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,399 Posts
Welcome. So you are in the over-60 age bracket too. A lot of us here are. So we can all brag about how good we used to be, and no one will ever know!

·
Premium Member
8,899 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Enjoy your new bike!! We will try to help when needed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome! And as others have expressed, my deepest sympathy for your loss.

You must have a taste for adventure with the XR650L and now the KLR. Both good zombie runners. I think there's just something about that dirt bike feel that other bikes simply can't give you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts