Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good pair of tourmaster gauntlets and I have a pair of short cuff gloves I like (Power Trip or Joe Rocket, I think). The cuff gloves are about beat though. I've been looking on NewEnough. But I was wondering if anyone has any good short gloves that are armored and not too expensive.

Held gloves are super nice, but so expensive.

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
I've got a pair of Held's and they are worth every penny to me. HAve other gloves too but they don't come close to the Held's.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what everyone keeps telling me. I'm kind of torn...I figure I could probably keep cheaping out and buy three pair of gloves in the time the Held would last. Maybe I should bite the bullet. What model do you have?

Going to see my brand new niece now. Born Christmas Eve! Stoked! :)

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Yeah, the Held and Dainese stuff is very nice. I looked at a pair of these http://www.revzilla.com/product/dainese-piston-leather-gloves and was drooling. But, the pair of gloves I wear the most are these.....

I bought them at freakin' Wal-Mart on a lark for 30 bucks. Branded by Bell and probably made in Poonjab, India. They are leather, may not be cowhide, maybe Yak or Wildebeast. What can I say.....I have others that were much more expensive but they are the ones I always reach for.

I messed up and actually tried on a Dainese leather riding jacket the other day at Cycle Gear in Dallas. WOW. I've been looking at leather jackets a while and this was it! However, $800.00 is way too steep for me. Any others comparable at a workingman's wage?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been doing some reading and a lot of folks seem to think the quality of held gloves has gone down. Now I'm back where I started. Was looking at Helimot, but they are REALLY expensive.

Dan, how long ago did you get your Steves...before the move to German/Hungarian production?

·
Registered
272 Posts
check out lee parks design gloves.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I wear and really like the cortech vice glove with soft and super comfortable goat skin palms. If you want to try them, come by my store in Hayward,

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks guys.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I now know more about motorcycle gloves than anyone should. And I am glad I am getting some decent gloves finally...for a guitarist and writer, I should probably keep my hands serviceable if possible. :35a:

I looked at a BUNCH of gloves including all the ones recommended here, and I decided on the Held Steves. Why? The rivets on the palm make a hell of a lot of sense to me. All the gloves mentioned seem super nice, though.

Thanks again everybody.

And I got to do business with newenough. Great folks. They have some good stuff on closeout...worth a look. Although there is going to be red on my gloves...gonna have to get em dirty quick. :ashamed0001:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
My Steve gloves are Hungarian.. The first pair I got had a twisted right hand index finger. Not much, but enough that an expensive pair of gloves that should be perfect enough.
I sent them back to Held and got a replacement pair in just a couple days, which were perfect.
I've now been wearing that pair for 1 1/3 seasons and they really don't look much different than when new..

They're wonderful in fit and finish.. The rubber wiper dohickey is also wonderful!!

The fact that they have 1/2 sizes is also a huge bonus, as I wear a 9.5.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was 9.5 too. Cool, good to know you like your hungarian ones as I guess that is the issue. I figure, how bad can they be?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I recently purchased Tourmaster Winter Elite leather gloves and they work very well. I will not be wearing them at Daytona Beach FL though will waer them to and from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts