Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Go Pro Hero 2 for Christmas. ( God bless my wonderful Wife.)

Here's my first mounting system.
Of course I'll have to wait for spring to try it out. ( Just had 6" of that white spoil-sport stuff. )

The mount is made from 1/8" aluminum. Seems sturdy enough, but I'll try it with and without the foam.
The bracket screws to the lower set of windshield mounting holes.
I drilled the Go Pro base mount, and screwed it to the mounting bracket.
Not going to take a chance on the camera getting lost if the stickey stuff, on the base, let's go.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice mounting work. I am busy figuring mine out today too.

Your system is blocking part of the opening at the bottom of your windscreen which will disrupt the laminar air flow behind the screen - you may experience kerfuffles about the head and ears at higher velocity.

I was thinking about attaching to my crash bars but they vibrate quite a bit at speed so I might find some quieter bodywork...

The helmet mount gives a neat view but I swivel the head a lot when riding gawking at the scenery or watching for deer, texting drivers, etc - I'd be boring folks with my home videos and they would fall off their chairs from the camera swinging around...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice mounting work. I am busy figuring mine out today too.

Your system is blocking part of the opening at the bottom of your windscreen which will disrupt the laminar air flow behind the screen - you may experience kerfuffles about the head and ears at higher velocity.

I was thinking about attaching to my crash bars but they vibrate quite a bit at speed so I might find some quieter bodywork...

The helmet mount gives a neat view but I swivel the head a lot when riding gawking at the scenery or watching for deer, texting drivers, etc - I'd be boring folks with my home videos and they would fall off their chairs from the camera swinging around...

I may find some wind flow changes. It will be a work-in-progress. ( Most of my mod's end up that way. )
If that is the only "by-product" I have, I'll be happy. I really just want to have a clear shot, with out a lot of bike in forground, and a lot of vibration.

The wings I added to my wind screen made a lot of difference in the flow behind it. It seems like making mod's to a bike is half logic design, and half cut-and-try. ( Kind of a Black-Magic thing.)

I don't have crash bars. (Yet! ) I also turn my head to look around a lot. That's not a favorite option for me either.

I've seen video's that are made up of both fix's mounting, and views of the side of the trail/road.

When you get your setup working, post some pix's.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I like my Go Pro, I have 4 32 gig cards as well as 4 batteries. I also wired both of my bikes and quad so I can charge the battery while I am riding.

·
Registered
216 Posts
During the ummm.... "simple" and "straightforward" update process I did manage to avoid doing this to the camera :50:.

It does seem to use up a battery fairly quickly so an extra or two will be in order I think...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update process

During the ummm.... "simple" and "straightforward" update process I did manage to avoid doing this to the camera :50:.

It does seem to use up a battery fairly quickly so an extra or two will be in order I think...
I did the update using the GoPro " CineForm Studio" firmware update.
However: I think it messed up my computer somehow.
My Outlook Express and Logitech Wireless keyboard & mouse started having problems just after I installed the Cineform Studio software.

I was able to do the update. To get my computer back working again, I had to do a system restore to before I installed the software. ???

Still to cold to use on the bike, but I've ordered some other mounting parts from Amazon. COM. I'll experiment making and editing videos when they come in. Probably in the 4 wheeler for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts