Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going "green" however it's not a Kawasaki this time. It's electric!
I felt a burning desire to do my part to save the planet, so I bought my kids an electric dirt bike. Actually it popped up for sale, I'd never heard of or considered a "toy bike" for my kids. The one's I've seen were total junk, not worth their price and way too slow. This one looked well worth its asking price.

1st day my boy felt it out in a little field.
2nd time both our kids rode it in the field.
3rd time was yesterday. We loaded up our bikes and went to the trails. I took him to the "bunny slopes" so he could get his feet wet.

We had a freakin' blast!!! I don't think anyone will be able to convince him it's not a "real" bike. Awesome day of riding! Check out the vid for the evidence.

The bike is a Razor MX500

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe he was having fun. Looked like he was doing a pretty good job on some fairly difficult terrain for a little kid.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
lmao great vid man. i love watching him try to grab for more and more throttle when you blow by him. looks like you guys had a great time.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
doc - I've looked at those bikes before (for me) and they're just not "right" yet. How much do they cost? How many miles out can you go before you have to head back home for a recharge? What's the top speed? Not good enough yet for the cost.

Thanks planalp!!!

Stew - I don't know how long the batteries last yet. He rode it for a solid hour straight. When we got home I rode it on the drive a little and it was still showing Full charge. The other time he rode it, I got on it when he was done and with my weight it would show Low.
If it's similar to my R/C batteries the more you use them, the better the charge. I would REALLY like to install a brushless motor and lipo batteries in it someday. :)

Scrapper - We noticed he was grabbin for more throttle too. LOL Hilarious!

Thanks for the kind words guys! I appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen a couple of the e-companies, but not that one. That's slick!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well electric just wasn't green enough for us tree-huggers. I'm trying to save the world 1 dirt bike at a time. Please, guys, do your part and convert over.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn't it obvious? I tried water, but it wasn't fast enough so I hooked up vitamin water. Now it hauls! :)

(gas)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It needed to be even greener, so I switched'er over.

Today was the 1st day we got both of them out. We had a great time! My boy ride the e-bike around for awhile then we switched. I just had him leave it in 2nd gear. It should be plenty of cheap fun this fall and winter. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts