Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
KLR 2014 Gen 2
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get shorter than stock clutch and brake levers to avoid issues with hand guards.

Easy to find stuff online, but not easy to discern good parts from twat waffle sales !

Any advice appreciated !

馃憤馃摑

Registered

Registered
KLR 2014 Gen 2
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I bought these on Amazon. They fit perfectly and look good to me. They come in different colors too.

Amazon.com: MZS Pivot Levers Clutch Brake Adjustment Foldable CNC Green Compatible with KLR650 KLR 650 2008-2018 | KL250 Super Sherpa 2009-2010 : Automotive

MZS Pivot Levers Clutch Brake Adjustment Foldable CNC Green Compatible with KLR650 KLR 650 2008-2018 | KL250 Super Sherpa 2009-2010
Looks good, but best thing is to have the opinion of someone using them.

馃憤馃憤馃憤

Premium Member
I bought these on Amazon. They fit perfectly and look good to me. They come in different colors too.
How many miles & years of use do you currently have with them on your bike, Mike?

I've seen something similar on a customers KX250F that were literally falling apart.

Reactions: jaimesix

Premium Member
Note that Gen1's and Gen2's use different levers....

Dave
And I will bet that the Gen 3 KLR uses another different set. RMATV has the 2022 parts screen up, I'll go look.

Gen 1 front brake lever, #46092-1135
Well the Gen 2 & 3 front brake levers are the same (46092-1175).

Gen 1 clutch lever, #46092-1111 SS to #46092-0554
But the clutch levers are different. Gen 2 #46092-1206 SS to #46092-0050
Gen 3 #46092-0583

Reactions: DPelletier

Registered
Once I was looking for adjustable levers not necessarily shorter. I never did find a pair I liked. Think there was/is only one maybe two brands out there - Adjustable Levers. My personal opinion on shorter levers? I think you'll appreciate the longer levers when the time comes you need to grab a handful of lever on a huge technical downhill descent. Or when an object appears abruptly in your path. I know I've been thankful that big lever was hanging out there and I didn't need to hunt for it on more than a couple occasions.

Try placing the OEM levers at a better angle that's more ergonomically comfortable for grabbing. I've always found that placing the levers further down lets me grab the lever quicker verses having to twist my wrist down before reaching for a lever. More natural reach. Just a thought.

Registered
KLR 2014 Gen 2
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I hear you. I am not looking for shorter levers because they look cool or else might be better.

Like you said, I think stock size is great. But issue is with the hand guards.

Have not installed the hand guards just yet and my bike is not over here with me but out if town, so just trying to stay ahead of the game avoiding finding out over there that there are issues with the levers upon installing the hand guards later when I get to my bike.
Read some guys had to cut a piece of the lever to make the hand guards fit. The first hand guards I first purchased , I found out did not fit well, those were Moose brand.

Just impossible.

Then I got this other brand ... can not remember the brand right now (will check emails) and only did it after reading and finding out it was better fitting brand.

I think what I will do is install the guards, cut the levers if/as needed and only then I will have assessed the situation better as to know exactly what is needed.

Once I do it, I will follow up and post results as with the rest of the accessories I am stashing only to install all of it at once.

馃憤馃憤

Premium Member
You shouldn't need to cut the levers and they shouldn't hit the handguards - they don't on either of mine. Depending on the handguard, sometimes they need to be bent/tweeked

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts