Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I've just bought a 2015 KLR for my partner who is 5'9'.... and have added the lowering links (1& 1/4") and lowered the front forks by 1"..
And what a difference this made to the sidestand - I wasn't expecting it to become useless but.... it is.

So, a couple of questions - anyone with a shortee sidestand for sale?

And can anyone confirm, with a standard 2014.5 on, if the forks are flush with the top of the triple tree.... or does the base of the "cap" just show...

Cheers, rick

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Hey bud.... welcome. Send me your side stand and I'll shorten it for you. No charge. I've had to shorten them and I've returned them to stock when I've bought lowered klrs in the past.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Hey bud.... welcome. Send me your side stand and I'll shorten it for you. No charge. I've had to shorten them and I've returned them to stock when I've bought lowered klrs in the past.
The postage from and to New South Wales might be just a little much on both ends of the deal, killerkaw. ;)

I'll suggest that Matrid should have a local welder shorten the sidestand at least the full 1&1/4 inch of the link change. With the softened suspension which resulted he will need the full amount of reduction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh guys, thanks all for your input, and your offer killerkaw

I've now resolved the issue - girlfriend is paying for a new one..... That way if she doesn't take to the KLR (heaven forbid!) I can put the original back on (like the links) and use the KLR myself!

Cheers, and Merry Xmas from downunder!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I feel like I need a short side stand for mine on the road, the amount of times mine has nearly tipped over when parked!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts