Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR650
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
In anticipation of buying a 2022 for the big Australian loop next year I already purchased V1.0 last year to learn what I'll be up against. I don't have V3.0 yet which I'd like to have with me as a PDF on the phone while enroute.
Anyone have a PDF yet ? Anyone ? Bueller... ?
Doing a lap of Australia? Will be epic

· Registered
2022 KLR650
98 Posts

· Premium Member
12,048 Posts
Haven't done that yet, but will do so when requested
I ordered mine 4 weeks ago, arrived 2 days ago
Which version of service manual did you receive last September and what does it show for Torque spec of the doo-hickey locking bolt?
Hopefully 80 inch pounds or less!

Iteration 4 is out now. :coffee:

SERVICE MANUAL, KL650F/G/H/J/K/L/M
Item# 99832-0201-04
I wonder if they have Raised the Minumum WOT-Cold Crank Compression back up to 77psi?

· Registered
2016 KLR650 Camo, Dirtracks, EM Doo,T-Bob, Giant Loop bags, rally dash, Cyclops LED, Madd Risers
232 Posts
Have you by chance compared some of the torque specs, like doo-hickey locking bolt?
115inch pounds in the -01 book as I understand, way too High for the case threads to survive!
10-ish foot lbs (115 inch lbs) doesn’t seem like much for that size bolt, but I decided (after much reading of catastrophe here) that it’s the case that’s too weak to handle it. Gen 2 calls for 78 inch lbs, why the heck would Gen 3 need to be that much tighter on essentially the same part. I think an engineer wanted to infuse some “planned obsolescence” into the system 🫤

I refer to the Kwik-specs sheet updated by @Tom Schmitz. Will Tom be doing one for the Gen 3? Hint…hint

· Premium Member
12,048 Posts

· Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR650
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
10-ish foot lbs (115 inch lbs) doesn’t seem like much for that size bolt, but I decided (after much reading of catastrophe here) that it’s the case that’s too weak to handle it. Gen 2 calls for 78 inch lbs, why the heck would Gen 3 need to be that much tighter on essentially the same part. I think an engineer wanted to infuse some “planned obsolescence” into the system 🫤

I refer to the Kwik-specs sheet updated by @Tom Schmitz. Will Tom be doing one for the Gen 3? Hint…hint
The Gen 3 is the same engine mechanically, just has been tweaked and been given FI. Can't understand the massive leap in torque pressure. Honestly I am going to be using the Gen 2 torque settings. But at least I have the manual to compare.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts