Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I want to mount my phone to the little bar at the windscreen, what is it called? I can't find any sort of phone mount for that little .51" bar.
I use the quadlock mirror mount with dampening attachment. Really like it. Fits perfectly on the accessory bar that you're referring to. You'll need to get a quadlock case for your phone though.

Looks like Quadlock is having 30% off everything sale right now on their website.

·
Registered
524 Posts
how's the vibrations on that wind screen?

ram mounts go down to .5 in and with a little ingenuity who knows where you could take it...

I never really trusted their X grip, even though I never lost my phone but their new quick release is a game changer. one hand in and out and your phone is fully supported and secure. I don't even give a pasing thought to losing my phone when it's in this holder, peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
2009 KLR 650
21 Posts
It's a great idea, but exercise a little caution. I can't speak for other brands, but my brand, Apple, has issued the following re. mounting iPhones to motorcycles.

First time trying to post a link, so if the above doesn't work, just google "mount iphone to motorcycle" and look for an Apple support page re. this. If you have another brand, of course YMMV.

I thought there was a place in this forum where instructions for mundane actions like adding a link to one's post are found, but I can't find it this fine morning.

Trusting you'll find what works for your phone without damaging it. And I just learned that I should trust Preview, since there I see that the link works just fine. Not going to edit above - others can always learn from my foolishness.

-Aaron

·
Registered
1993 klr 650
27 Posts
I run 2) ram mounts with the ball mount Quad locks and both have the dampners.
1) on iPhone 1) on Samsung, zero issues.
I don’t use my x mounts any more since losing a s20 last year.
the x mount stays on the golf cart

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR650
169 Posts
I have the mirror mount quad lock. Cant use video while riding as the screen juat wobbles. However can take photos. Used as navigation it is good. Have to get your alignment right to not block the speedo.

·
Registered
'08 KLR
396 Posts
It's a great idea, but exercise a little caution. I can't speak for other brands, but my brand, Apple, has issued the following re. mounting iPhones to motorcycles.

First time trying to post a link, so if the above doesn't work, just google "mount iphone to motorcycle" and look for an Apple support page re. this. If you have another brand, of course YMMV.

I thought there was a place in this forum where instructions for mundane actions like adding a link to one's post are found, but I can't find it this fine morning.

Trusting you'll find what works for your phone without damaging it. And I just learned that I should trust Preview, since there I see that the link works just fine. Not going to edit above - others can always learn from my foolishness.

-Aaron
Yes, it's basically an iPhone issue. Apple uses Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), while most others use software based anti-shake. It's the tiny actuators which reposition the lens in an iPhone that can't handle the vibration. Intense vibrations are likely not an optimal environment for any electronic device in the long term, but iPhone are particularly susceptible, often in the short term.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts