Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't really know how to describe it but to say clutch engagement is very sudden. And maybe its always been this way and i've just never notice.
The bike is a 2009 and has 9k miles with moderate to heavy offroad use, but primarily pavement miles. I'm the original owner, have not totally abused the clutch but haven't pampered it either.
The clutch is not 'slipping' and stays fully engaged once the lever is release. I'm just thinking there should be or used to be alittle more 'slip zone' before reaching complete engagement. Just makes for picking my way through first gear gnarly stuff easier.
Thanks

·
Administrator
8,368 Posts
When was the last time you adjusted it? How close is the lever to the handgrip when the clutch engages?

T

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When was the last time you adjusted it? How close is the lever to the handgrip when the clutch engages?

T
I adjusted the clutch, at the lever, maybe 4weeks ago. And it doesn't begin engaging until the lever is 1/3 of the out, appr.

I changed the oil about 1500 miles ago, maybe less.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Time for the old nickel trick:

You want a nickel's worth of free play where the clutch lever meets. Easy to adjust. And it that's it, you're golden. You can even keep the nickel. ;)

If it's not that :nothingtoadd:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts