Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Glad some access remains; Democrat administration tried to, "shut 'er down," (favored "Greenie" policy) if memory serves (as in, a President can designate a, "National Monument," unilaterally, unlike a National Park or Wilderness Area, requiring Congressional approval).

Some access for motorized recreation was restored by a Republican administration; again, if memory serves!

Regardless, glad bikes can be ridden there today.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Uh, other way around.
Clinton tried to protect it with the Antiquities Act.
Trump tried to undo that protection so it could be mined.
Nice try to alter facts to push your political views. GFY.

·
Administrator
3,630 Posts
It’s on!!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
"Uh, other way around.
Clinton tried to protect it with the Antiquities Act.
Trump tried to undo that protection so it could be mined.
Nice try to alter facts to push your political views. GFY".

Au contraire! I compliment YOU on altering, and even manufacturing, facts to support your own political agenda.

'Taint the way the AMA sees it, cfestings!

A list of the Democrat-closed trail and road identity and mileage may be public record. Not to mention the economic impact of eliminated mining/forestry/grazing opportunities.

As I mentioned, the Democrat administration unilaterally (as in, no Congressional debate or vote, and no local citizen input) used the Antiquities Act to create the, "National Monument." In my view, I think the action was a sop to the environmentalists, aka, "tree huggers." The Republican administration restored some use of public lands for the public.

That said, a motorcycle forum isn't the Supreme Court. YMMV; believe what you wish.

Regardless, take comfort Maybe no environment-destroying, climate-changing, fossil fuels (sometimes used by motorcycles) will be discovered there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Beautiful area. One of our favorite places to go to from Mesquite, NV. Was just on the other side last weekend, Wire Pass, Buckskin Gulch, Houserock Road to over by Lee's Ferry. Cottonwood Rd to Escalante area is a must do also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, Cottonwood road is awesome! I rode that last fall (2019).

Southern Utah is an awesome place to ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts