Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about changing my red & silver '07 to camo and was checking out product from a site called Camo Clad. They offer removeable and permanent; not sure which way I want to go. Any opinions? Any other manufacturers I should check out?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Go over to KLRworld.com. There is a guy there named Keithm who has taken the camo idea to the extreme. He wrecked the bike IMO. He has posted a very detailed "how to" thread.

This is the link to the thread. Hope it is okay to post it here.?

http://klrworld.com/forums/index.php/topic,17935.0.html

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
What bike?...ahahahahahaa...er...yeah, I think maybe that's a bit much. For me. YMMV.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice, but I'd be afraid I'd lay it down in the forest and never find it again. "I know it was right here!"

·
Lifetime Member
2,481 Posts
Wow! He even did the kickstand! I prefer the look of Dantes OD bike but you have to give this guy an "A" for effort! Heck, I'd never have the time to pull something like that off.

Cheers,
Stew

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
I can't help but think that the bike is going to start to look like the end of Michael Jackson's nose after a while. That much stuff can't stay stuck on for very long.

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I can't help but think that the bike is going to start to look like the end of Michael Jackson's nose after a while. That much stuff can't stay stuck on for very long.

Tom
Well said. ;)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Frankie's sleeping, so I'm on my Mother in Law's old PC and can't see very well, but are there two front fenders? :confused:

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
Frankie's sleeping, so I'm on my Mother in Law's old PC and can't see very well, but are there two front fenders? :confused:
Yes, there is a lower fender - sort of BMW style.

Tom

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow! He even did the kickstand! I prefer the look of Dantes OD bike but you have to give this guy an "A" for effort! Heck, I'd never have the time to pull something like that off.

Cheers,
Stew

Awww shucks :ashamed0001:

I have to agree that while his is a well-executed job, I think the bike should just be executed :)

And for the benefit of others, my bike:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Yes, there is a lower fender - sort of BMW style.

Tom
OK, I'll bite. Always like revealing my ignorance. :ashamed0001:

Why would one want two fenders?

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
I don't know. It's not like having two watches, or even like having a belt and suspenders.

BMW GS and F bikes have them, mostly on the rear, I think. It's a place for stuff to get stuck? Or maybe it controls the flinging off of stuff.

I could tell you long stories about why my forbears lost the war, starting with their vastly superior tanks...

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Yeah, seems like a good place for shit to get stuck to me. Just seems weird, too. Huge fender with fender brace and then a little one underneath? Maybe he ran out of camo and still had some money left? ;)

I feel kind of bad talking about this dude's bike when he ain't around, but if someone can explain the benefit of the dual fender I would be much curious.

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
I guess I could see how it might catch spray before it has a chance to leave the top of the tire and fly up in your face.

Maybe that's it.

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I like the spray in my face. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts