Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, let's try not to turn this into an X-rated discussion please.

Was on a ride today on my Transalp and was thinking this throttle seems sorta tight when I pull on it. Thought it shouldn't be this difficult to turn the throttle. Got to thinking maybe I should pull it off and grease not only the bar but the cable ends so they move in their respective slot more easily. I know the Transalp is an older bike and I'm sure the PO didn't remove the throttle pipe and perform any maintenance. Now, I tried the throttle response and action on the KLR and it seems fine, but maybe I should pull that pipe off while I'm at it and grease that too. Any thoughts? Do you guys grease your throttle pipes? If not maybe we all should???? 馃槒

Premium Member
A squirt of WD-40 maybe. Grease, I would not.

Reactions: DPelletier

Registered
I disassemble, clean and lightly lubricate my throttle tube (and the portion of the handlebar it rotates on) once a year or so. I do it whenever I lube the throttle cables.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A squirt of WD-40 maybe. Grease, I would not.
Cool. Maybe I'll squirt some WD-40.

I disassemble, clean and lightly lubricate my throttle tube (and the portion of the handlebar it rotates on) once a year or so. I do it whenever I lube the throttle cables.
I was wondering if this would be a good thing. Thank you for your feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts