Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found the seat mod that I was going to post. If you go to KLR650.net to Procedures & How To. Page 1 at the bottom, the thread is titled- Seat mounting option for 08 klr. I did this to my 09 klr and it works great. as soon as I have enough posts to post pics I will do a How to post on my under seat storage compartment, Regard's Ron

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I finally found the seat mod that I was going to post. If you go to KLR650.net to Procedures & How To. Page 1 at the bottom, the thread is titled- Seat mounting option for 08 klr. I did this to my 09 klr and it works great. as soon as I have enough posts to post pics I will do a How to post on my under seat storage compartment, Regard's Ron

I looked throught that thread and was wondering why you would do that?

That bolt setup wouldn't be any more secure that just leaving the seat bolts out. The seat won't fly off without the bolts, it's held down in front and it's pretty well jammed in there even before you install the bolts. You have to take off the right side panel to get to the aircleaner anyway.

I would think that the wing nut will vibrate loose. At least you should use a nylock nut but then you're needing a wrench to get the seat off. :46:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rather have the seat attached to the motorcycle instead of just leaving the bolts out. There are a couple of reasons I would like access under the seat. There are some fuses located under the seat and I would rather leave them where they are instead of taking the time to relocate them. also I have installed a 5" by 6" by 4" deep plastic sealable food storage container between the battery and the rear fender. I cut a hole in the fender liner and siliconed the container into the liner so that it will sit under the seat. It very useful for storing items that you do use all the time. Like spare sparkplug,fuses,bulbs,tools, etc. And you are correct I used a 3/8 fender washer and a elastic wingnut to secure the seat. The wingnut I used goes on and off by hand. I also intend to taper the end of the 3/8 bolt after cutting it as short as possible. As soon as I am able to post pics, I will post the storage mod in the how to section of this forum. Regards, Ron

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I rather have the seat attached to the motorcycle instead of just leaving the bolts out. There are a couple of reasons I would like access under the seat. There are some fuses located under the seat and I would rather leave them where they are instead of taking the time to relocate them. also I have installed a 5" by 6" by 4" deep plastic sealable food storage container between the battery and the rear fender. I cut a hole in the fender liner and siliconed the container into the liner so that it will sit under the seat. It very useful for storing items that you do use all the time. Like spare sparkplug,fuses,bulbs,tools, etc. And you are correct I used a 3/8 fender washer and a elastic wingnut to secure the seat. The wingnut I used goes on and off by hand. I also intend to taper the end of the 3/8 bolt after cutting it as short as possible. As soon as I am able to post pics, I will post the storage mod in the how to section of this forum. Regards, Ron
Cmon brother. Throw up a few more posts. I want to see what you're talking about.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
See? It's easy. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts