·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
How much did they increase vibration?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really didn't see that much of a difference, but I wear a pretty heavy boot when riding. Never did have much of an issue with vibes and my feet, has always been my hands that were sensitive to that.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
How much did they increase vibration?
I have a set of similar pegs, and I have friends that purchased these pegs and we all love them.. They're wide, and the stock pegs are like greased ice when they're wet, while these don't care if they're wet or dry. Your feet don't move unless you want them to move..

The ONLY complaint that I've heard is the fact that these don't have a return spring, where mine do.. Not a big issue at all, but it's just something to consider.. I think the springs are available, too..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Do you know if these would fit an 08? I called the company, but the woman I talked to didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Thanks, man. Was it necessary to move the shift lever or brake to accommodate the extra width? And do they mount right on...is there any drilling or sorcery needed?

I promise, that's my last question...about foot pegs. ;)

Thanks, really appreciate all your help.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, all questions are good, thats how we learn. I may have moved the shifter up one or two teeth, but if we did it wasn't a big deal to do. I always kept the brake pedal up as high as possible anyway, cause the rear brakes sucked, and I needed all the leverage I could get. They might initially feel tight going into the mount, but a good rubber mallet was all we needed to install them in any of the bikes. We just reused the pins that held the OEM pegs. You might try a little bit of grease on them to help with free movement.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Sweet. I'm gonna place my order now. Thanks DX.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Just what I have been looking for.
-are springs available and has anyone purchased them?
-what is the final cost including shipping?
-I just checked the shipping costs, $9.90 and $7.90.

These pegs has the same picture as the $18 pegs available on eBay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-FOOT-PEGS-HONDA-XR-50-70-80-100-KAWASAKI-KLR-650_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem180314392280QQitemZ180314392280QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
...and they are $18 final cost.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine shipped was right at $18. So I guess either way of ordering works. I am not sure where one could order the springs. Maybe from a Suzuki DR650 I think they have springs mounted on their pegs. And yes they are the same EBay pegs. If the EBay is cheaper priced I would definately go that route.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
mine shipped was right at $18. So I guess either way of ordering works. I am not sure where one could order the springs. Maybe from a Suzuki DR650 I think they have springs mounted on their pegs. And yes they are the same EBay pegs. If the EBay is cheaper priced I would definately go that route.
I pay CA state taxes and that would be an extra dollar. I will call them and ask the total price.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I ordered mine from the original link, and the total was 21 and change.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Well, I just put the new pegs on. For all who are interested...the pegs are sweet...and it took me literally two minutes to put them on. And that's just cause my hands were cold. ;)

Seriously though, easy upgrade, well worth it. Looks cool, too. Didn't have to move the brake or shifter.

Thanks for the heads up DX.

:16a:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just put mine on too!!! Thanks for the tip on this great peg DX!!!!!

I have only ridden around the corner and back on them and they seem great! I feel like I have so much more grip and just more platform to put my foot on!!!

Now, a question. Why does one need a spring? The seem fine without one and the stock pegs don't have springs either!!

Kim

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I just rode for an hour in the hills around my house. Pegs are great. I can't believe Kawasaki uses those crappy rubber pieces of doohickey...oh, wait, yes I can.

Anyway, new pegs...VAST improvement in feel and stability. I think I am going to need to lift the shifter a little and get used to the brake (a little raise from the pegs...I actually like the brake position better. Kinda hard on the shifter, but I don't think it would need to be done...I have big feet. No springs doesn't bother me a bit...not necessary in my opinion.

Congrats on the new pegs. ;)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I never installed springs...you don't have to. Glad everyone liked them. Ride Safe. Oh they don't wear down when dragging on the pavement either :). Oh, on another note, If you guys haven't already, I would suggest changing out those junky factory peg mount bolts for some 10.9 hardness bolts from your local hardware store. Have heard some nasty stories of the weak bolts breaking when riders were standing. Another cheap upgrade well worth the safety value. Just pull one from the bike and take it in and match it up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thank's DX I just ordered a set also thank you for the bolt reccomendation I would not have guessed that. One would think if there was an important bolt the footpeg bolt is haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just ordered a set as well. I used ebay because i had some money in Paypal. Total was $19 shipped with insurance ($1).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts