Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a horrible time......... :21:...... if you don't believe me, just take a look at all these unhappy people..... :27a:

Videos of the unhappy people coming soooooooon!

As johnwesley and I always say........'I didn't sign up for this type of ride.......'

HAD A GREAT TIME GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU BACK NEXT YEAR....... OR MAYBE EVEN SOONER!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Great pics. Thanks. Which one are you?

Makes me want to go fishing. ;)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great pics. Thanks. Which one are you?

Makes me want to go fishing. ;)

Thanks! When I can get a better opportunity, I'll put some text to the trip......

My bike is the 'Barbie' in pic #2. I'm behind the camera on them all.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Nice. Man, that 2008 looks like a pig in a prom dress. I have the same bike. ;)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some pics from XR Superman:

Rose and had planned to be at Ironhorse around 1 pm on Thursday, but I have been having a bad luck streak with flat rear tires. I didn't feel like tackling the knobby again that morning, so I took it to Performance Yamaha in Seneca. Waited for almost 3 hours before they had it fixed (I thought). I already had the bike loaded on the trailer, YES, thats what you put bikes on behind a motorhome. To make long story short, they put a 3.00 to 3.25 tube in and pinched it causing a slow leak. Flat tire at Ironhorse. So, almost everyone in the campground laid hands on that tire and wheel before I took it to Wheelers to get a new tube. So, no riding in the storm on Friday.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
3rd picture. Always a nice find when you can get the Job 1.25's 55 for 50........and they sell Zippo's ;-)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics from NC HILLBILLY:

We had a small but great group of riders to make the Rascal Rabbit Run on Saturday. Present were Vic from Shelby on a KLR, Curtis from GA on a KLR, Tim also from GA on a V-Strom, Alex from Asheville on a V-Strom and myself. By 9:15 AM we were all assembled and headed out from the Iron Horse.

We traveled south on NC 28, across Needmore following the Little Tennessee and up and over Tellico/Otter Creek to the Nantahala Community. From Wayah Road we decided to make the USFS 711 15 mile loop which was a bad idea. We were so high that we stayed in the clouds and mist the whole time. Just seeing 15 feet in front of you was a challenge. After we got back down to a lower elevation the cloud cover lightened a bit.

We then ran across the 12 miles of Rainbow Springs Road to US 64. We then headed west to Hayesville, staying on as much of the old abandoned roadway as we could. In Hayesville we had a great lunch at the Rib Country. With full bellies we rode up and over Tusquittee/Clear Creek. We traveled down Big Choga and Junaluska, out the Old River Road and back to Wayah Road. From here we rode down Winding Stairs back to the Nantahala Gorge. We then headed back to the Iron Horse. Alex peeled off and headed back to Asheville on US 74.

We had a great time and rode about 120 miles. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Sorry I had to leave the Iron Horse so soon after we got back. I was already packed up to ride straight down to Greenville, SC to enjoy Easter with my grand-daughters. I traveled through Sylva, Cashiers and Wahalla, SC on the way and really enjoyed the paved twisties along the way.

Here are a few photos from the ride Saturday.......

A few shots from the top of Otter Creek....

A pic or two from the Rainbow Springs run....

This was the sole route into a development located across the river from Rainbow Springs Road. With the water running high and all, we had no one who was willing to show us how it should be crossed.....

A well deserved lunch......

A break going across Tusquittee Gap...

Up and over Winding Stairs.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts