Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name's Gene. It's been 7 hours since I've ridden a bike.

I contracted the motorcycling virus from being around my now late, ex-Marine uncle, Ben. I think it must have been sometime in the fall of 1960, I was seven at the time, when he gave me a ride to school one morning on the back of his big Glide. It was, to say the least, a life-changing experience - much more than simply not having to ride that grungy bus to school! A few years later I noted with interest that Ben switched to riding Nortons, the "sportbikes" of the day. He maintained his love for bikes until his untimely death due to illness in 1980.
Ten years after that fateful ride, I bought my own "motor," a used Yamaha AT-125, and began my own private affair with two-wheeled travel. When I was still single I owned quite a long list of bikes. After my first wedding, not so much.

I remarried in '93, and still don't deserve her... probably never will. A good marriage allowed me to awaken my adventuring spirit again. We have three grown kids including hers and mine, which all became "ours." We also have been blessed with an angel of a grandchild:

I run a Facilities Maintenance shop for the county and ride one of my two Kaws (hence the "Green" part of my user name) as often as possible, the KLR being my go-to bike most of the time.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
There you are...the cool green one! Hiya Mr. Greengenes!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey Gene, good thing I'm not her age she's a hottie. You did well ole buddy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok I finally figured this out I have been putting info into somewhere else. Hey Gene whats happening. I still havent figured all of this out. I've been busy as hell and all the sudden my cyberlife is gone. weird. Well anyways Glad I found you guys. my regular email is [email protected] so if things go sour again you can keep me informed.
mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey! Mike's in the house! 8)

Thanks for your email - I'll plug it into my address book right now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts