Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

Here I am, a mid-40s fella, heading towards medical retirement from a career in Law Enforcement, due to PTSD from too many awful things in my forensics specialty. I have had motorcycles on my 'bucket list' for about 25 years, but haven't ridden since I was on a dirt bike around the age of ten.

My darling wife bought me motorcycle lessons for a birthday gift this year, and in the focus on UN-learning how to balance the bike, I actually found some new balance in my head.

So, now, I have a KLR 650 in the garage, and I'm just starting to putter about, and the possibilities are exciting, and I try hard not to overwhelm myself... And to keep having a little bit of fun, every day.

I am blessed here in Vancouver Canada to have a climate that mostly allows all year riding, so long as getting wet isn't bothersome. I'm looking forward to learning to get along with my new Burro (as I have named him), and to see where we go together. New horizons.

Cheers,

Neal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Neal
Welcome to the board!! I am in Duncan on Vancouver Island and have a 09 KLR. Also checkout DualsportBC if your looking for some local rides and riders. There are a lot in the metro Vancouver area as well as the Fraser Valley.
Cheers
Randy

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Welcome aboard. :) Yes, motorcycling can be very therapeutic IMO. Advice; get some proper gear, keep your bike maintained and get out there. There's lots of beautiful scenery where you are. Try Chipmunk Creek near Chilliwack as an example. Join a group and get some riding buddies.

...though I'm not that far from you, the climate is different enough that my bikes are put away for 6 months of the year. :-(

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Welcome!

I'm also retired and in Chilliwack. If you are up this way and have time to visit, please do. I have space, tools and such if you have a problem up this way and also help people with tech on a frequent basis. If you are into modifications or wanting help with some service, give me a shout.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome, folks!

Still early days here, and as I putter about the back lanes near home, working on low speed balance and such, I am pleased that I put 10 km on the beast this morning.

I expect that there won't be any changes from stock for a while, yet!

Cheers,

Neal

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, folks!

Still early days here, and as I putter about the back lanes near home, working on low speed balance and such, I am pleased that I put 10 km on the beast this morning.

I expect that there won't be any changes from stock for a while, yet!

Cheers,

Neal
enfield nelly,
I see that our BC members have you well covered. If you 'click' on their name you can find out more about them or ask a personal question. PM=Personal Message.

ps, WELCOME Aboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts