Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Like my screen name implies I am a line maintenance tech for the local major airline.
I have been riding off and on since the early 70's but really got into it again 7 years ago. I have been doing a lot of touring, and also restoring some vintage bikes.
I really like to set up bikes, so I like to visit forums to get ideas from other riders. I get a lot of satisfaction from being able to run a bike day in and day out on a trip with only minor maintenance. I have 20 years of heavy aircraft mtc. experience so I am not mechanically challenged. I have a well equipped shop and like to make my own pieces for my bikes. I usually post pics on my site, so hopefully people can get ideas.
I have done several long trips--my 05 trip to Alaska was the longest at 9100 miles. I have also ridden acrossed Labrador, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Canadian Rockies, BC, Vancouver, the West coast of the US, etc. I have plenty of trip pics at www.pbase.com/jetdoctor
Next summer I plan on visitting Yellowknife, and Inuvik.
Too bad about the old forum. Let's not make this another Peyton Place over here. :roll:
Cheers,
Doug Walker

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum..
I feel for you , I put many hours in at the Atlanta airport, I'm just thankfull that I don't have to fight that traffic anymore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Doug! Too funny that we met when you were up here! We shoulda taken a photo together but who knew I'd have a KLR in the near future?!?! It's been great! This summer I was askin all the riders if they were on ADVRider as an "ice-breaker." I joined this summer figuring it was gettin close to time for me to have a dual-sport. As you might imagine, I'm LOVIN it!

Yeah, I went to bike night at The Vortex at Little Five Points there in Atlanta wearing my Vanson skeleton leathers. Isn't it on Thurs nights? A girl from ADVRider is suposed to be making her debut there tonight.

Take care, Mark H.

·
Registered
153 Posts
yo jet doc. waz up, you buying a klr now. loved mine so such, just had to have it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hope everything is well with you. you doing DVD in Jan.

Steve. (sforman904)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Going to Newfoundland from Niagara Falls in July..any tips. Plan on riding up the west side to St. Anthony.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts