Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
Just following Eaglemikes instructions and what’s a kh jet if it’s the main it’s stock which accor to the clymer manual is a 145
Yes, follow EM's instructions - I don't believe they say to shim the needle if the clip is on the second groove. KH = Keihin - you need to clarify the jet brand because they are all numbered differently. Stock main is typically too rich for the KLX needle

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Hummmmm, looking at your national Flag. Your bike may be a LAM's model which has 2 vacuum vent holes drilled thru the side of the top portion of the slide. PREVENTING full lift of the slide on purpose. Beginners don't need full horsepower, haha.

If this is the case, either epoxy those 2 holes closed or purchase an HD Sportster slide.
Read this thread, Under powered KLR, Any Advice?

Pic link from post #8

·
Registered
Klr 650
10 Posts
Hummmmm, looking at your national Flag. Your bike may be a LAM's model which has 2 vacuum vent holes drilled thru the side of the top portion of the slide. PREVENTING full lift of the slide on purpose. Beginners don't need full horsepower, haha.

If this is the case, either epoxy those 2 holes closed or purchase an HD Sportster slide.
Read this thread, Under powered KLR, Any Advice?

Pic link from post #8
Alr replaced with a Harley-Davidson one 👍

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Alr replaced with a Harley-Davidson one 👍
Did it straighten out your upper half performance problem? Was your old slide a LAM's model with 2 vent holes or was its issue a damaged diaphragm or both?

·
Registered
Klr 650
10 Posts
Did it straighten out your upper half performance problem? Was your old slide a LAM's model with 2 vent holes or was its issue a damaged diaphragm or both?
Filled in slide holes stock main jet, so I’ve followed eagle Mike’s info on line and not on the packaging .changed the jet to a 142 snorkel removed ,klx needle second groove no shim new Harley slide ,pilot air screw 1 5/8 turns ,new air filter.but it feels worse than it did before I’ve even tried it with no muffler.she only revs out to 7000 in neutral less under load feels like a old Xl 125 4 stroke

·
Registered
Klr 650
10 Posts
Filled in slide holes stock main jet, so I’ve followed eagle Mike’s info on line and not on the packaging .changed the jet to a 142 snorkel removed ,klx needle second groove no shim new Harley slide ,pilot air screw 1 5/8 turns ,new air filter.but it feels worse than it did before I’ve even tried it with no muffler.she only revs out to 7000 in neutral less under load feels like a old Xl 125 4 stroke
Ignore that I replaced the original slide checked the pilot screw ,same settings now it’s a lot better thank the f##k😩😩

21 - 28 of 28 Posts