Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to let you know that we are running a September group buy on all KLR 650 SuperBraces with savings ranging from $38 to $59 per brace with a free shipping offer - Group Buys are available directly at http://www.superbrace.com/proddetail.asp?prod=4430GB

87-07 KLR Knobby/ Higher Clearance Tire= Save $38
87-07 KLR Street/ Stock Tire= Save $38
08 KLR = Save $59

Safe Riding,

SuperBrace - the Ultimate Fork Stabilizer
www.superbrace.com

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
"Knobbie" fork brace

I was looking at the Knobbie brace for the late model KLR and notice that it has a pretty good bend in it.

Does it deflect much, compared to the stock tire version?
Would the stock version be able to clear a TKC 80 or Dunlop 606?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pardon me for asking, but what does the SuperBrace do? (it stabilizes the front fork of course.) OK I know that much, but what difference will you feel when driving?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Pardon me for asking, but what does the SuperBrace do? (it stabilizes the front fork of course.) OK I know that much, but what difference will you feel when driving?
I don't have the Superbrace, but I do have a front fork brace and it's really hard to explain.. The front end feels MUCH more solid and planted on corners. It removes a bunch of the flex of the front forks.

I didn't realize how bad the front end flexed on my KLR until I put a brace on it. The difference was felt immediately.

The KLR's forks are long, and not very big around, so they flex under stress.. That stress is everything from light riding to heavy abuse.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Very much!! It basically helps eliminate flex, allowing the suspension to operate as it should, and makes steering much more precise.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to sell you one, but now that I have mine, I wouldn't take it off..

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
No, that is exactly the real world input I need to know. A salesman for the company is gonna tell you wut you want to hear. An actual user will more than likely expound if it is good or if it sucks. LOL, well I guess I know wut my next purchase is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Checked the website...wow are they expensive. I can see why you would purchase as a group. I haven't paid the taxes on my bike yet, so I need to stay away from these temptations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M_tag,

Unfortuantely, our prices will be going about 5% more starting April 1st. After years of absorbing the increased production costs of manufacturing, polishing, hard black anodizing,etc in the United States, our prices are slightly going up. We were able to keep the Knobby version for 1987 -2007 and 2008 KLR SuperBraces at current pricing though.

I'm sure with a quick "KLR SuperBrace" Google search, you'll find a discounted rate with one of our authorized dealers.

Happy Easter and Ride Safe,

SuperBrace – the Ultimate Fork Stabilizer
www.superbrace.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Superbrace took all the "slop" out of the front end. I did not realize how much the KLR forks flexed until i put the brace on. Now steering is much more precise and predictable both on road and off road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts