Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: Said Mod, meant farkle...is there a dictionary? ;)
This one is pretty technical. The backing on the sticky part was a bitch to get off. :mad0235:

So, if I had a nickle for every time I have had to fold up the cardboard flap of a matchbook to get my rock on, I would be riding a solid gold KLR. And my bike and I are very rarely parted. There are probably 400 pics in my apartment...hiding. But now I will always be able to find one, at home...or on the road. :35a:

Also works well for prying off the earth magnets I keep on my tank for toll/directions. Them things is strong. And girls like bikers and musicians, right? :11a:

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
OT

The picks are not in your apartment. They have been taken up by the guitar gods as offerings.

Seriously though, when the baby becomes ambulatory she WILL find them. The little ones have an affinity for anything small they can choke on.

Good to see a fellow player. I have a '62 Fender Jaguar, '72 Gibson SG, Guild D-30, Yamaha 12 string, cheapo Kay mandolin and banjo.

Seems I have more stringed instruments than talent :-0

Oh, I forgot the fiddle.....darn thing squeals like a pig stuck under a gate.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't thought about that. You're right...we better go on a pic search as part of the babyproofing.

My instrument collection has shrunk. I have an 89 Gibson SG, a yamaha acoustic, a flea market acoustic. Used to have some other cheap acoustics and a banjo.

Now you know what your next farkle is. ;)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What's 'OT'?

I like to think of the pics assembling into some voltron-esque avenger behind the boxes I never remember to take out. But I'm pretty sure I have enough for a lifetime in the crack of my couch. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Off Topic.............I tend to stray.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. Given a million guesses I wouldn't have gotten that.

Straying is good...off the beaten path is where all the fun stuff happens. ;)

Wait, Kawasaki should totally pay me to use that as the KLR slogan. :58:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet! :16a:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Don't get too excited about the check, LJ....I'm still waiting for my mod pay and it's been like years!

:character00271:

This thread was entertaining though.....:35a: :20:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn. ;)

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm lost? It's a pick holder? Cool. I just keep one in my pocket.

The local music store has started locking up all the guitars. The only way I can play a $4,000 12 string was down there for free.

:35a:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, it's a pic holder. Holds about ten pics. Pocket works, too. Which reminds me of a funny story. A friend of my Grandpa's used to carry a pic with him all the time. Dude knew nothing about guitar, but he pulled it out with a handful of change when paying for stuff. Apparently the ladies loved it. He was like 70. ;)

Yeah, I've been there man. For some reason the folks at Guitar Center never believe I'm actually going to buy a Gibson Hummindbird. :mad0235:

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Sweet ! My son and I played this one at the Dallas Guitar show a few years back. Gibson had a trailer setup there and were very generous.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah, I've been there man. For some reason the folks at Guitar Center never believe I'm actually going to buy a Gibson Hummindbird. :mad0235:

I've got most of the guitars I want, but I could be reeled in pretty easily on impulse if they let me at them all the time. I'll go to the super little places to look for used when I want one, or word of mouth...or ebay<<< that one scared the heck out of me, but I had to act fast when I found out that Gibson stopped making the Tom Delonge signature.:18:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My aunt had a late sixties hummingbird. Man, what a guitar. She passed on, and I think now it sits in a closet. Damn shame. I played the hell out of that thing whenever I visited my aunt. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a no-name classical, a Alvarez, a 12 string, and my honey - a Martin 000-16. Great guitar for a picker.
No more room under the bed for the guitar cases.
Any of you pickers keep breaking fingernails when working on your KLR?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I keep the nails short...until I forget, and then I usually get reminded in a quick and bloody way.

Larryboy, Tom from Blink?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't see the pic...maybe at home, but I was playing in punk bands in San Diego in the early 90s when Blink was still Blink (without the 182). We played a lot of the same clubs and shit. And we always went to Blink's shows...somehow the fart jokes really drew the girls...don't know why, but even before they were big there were always a million cute girls at a Blink show. Good band, too.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I can't see the pic...maybe at home, but I was playing in punk bands in San Diego in the early 90s when Blink was still Blink (without the 182). We played a lot of the same clubs and shit. And we always went to Blink's shows...somehow the fart jokes really drew the girls...don't know why, but even before they were big there were always a million cute girls at a Blink show. Good band, too.

Cool. I've only been playing a few years...picking it up again. Viola and bass when I was a kid...having fun goofing around.

:35a:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts