Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gunny is here, you all can start now LOL One of those gregarious types who is told I smile too much. Living, riding and working here in upstate NY. Realizing I don't get to ride as much as I want. Working for a company that lets me play with the equipment sometimes to make cool little things for the bike, now if I could just get a handle on the tig welder for doing aluminium .... I've put around 11000 miles on My KLR since last fall, the KLR is up for a few months while I do some maint like the doo and get my hardbags fabed up and installed {20mm ammo cans} I'll ride with anyone, whether they ride a KLR or a GS, I don't care, it's the journey, not the destination that counts in my book. Ya got a great site going here, glad I found it .
Me at the July 4th, 2006 Pride ride here in Upstate NY, a benifit ride for toys for tots.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Gunny,glad you made it.I'll ship ya the do tools if ya still need them.I'm mike of m&k from the .net land.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coolness, I'm going to try and make a set at work, I found a 1.25 wrench I've never used in my tool box, they say thats the right size wrench .... idk, I'd have thought it would be a metric size, any thoughts ....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome, Gunny!

Actually, you're right, it is metric - 32mm, but a 1.25 converts pretty close.

Just wondering... have you been to the Adirondacks on the KLR? We need a ride report, OK?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Gunny,heres a couple of photos of a williams that I used to make the do wrench.I used marknets measurements and it works fine.It's a 1 1/4
I have the puller bolt when your ready
Mike

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dak's, I haven't had the KLR up there, but I could give you some old ice climbing trip reports :D

Great, 32 mm, now those I have several of in the tool box. I have lots of metric tools for my side, hobby biz, rebuilding air cooled porsche engines.{more hobby than money maker} I'll just heat it and bend it for a 7/8's dog leg. I got the doo on the way, once I have it in hand I'll send ya a pm about the bolt, thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts