Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening all KLRista's.

Yes it has been a while since I have posted. I'm sorry, but stuff happens, and you need to take care of it. I did. (Thank you Tom Schmitz)

We held a Guru techday at my house this past weekend. What that means is that all of the techday people that help you, and show how to work on your bikes, while driving hundreds of miles to do this had a TD of our own. We actually got to work on our own bikes while laughing, reminiscing about other TD's in the past. I want to thank( Motophoto Klamath Falls OR, Tom Schmitz Southern Cali, Tomatocity Sacramento, Cabrito San Francisco, and Ben from my hometown of Santa Rosa Ca ) All of you for the wonderful day and a half of humor, and wrenching, food, drinks, and pillaging, and plundering.

I bring this up because I would like to bring up some TD etiquette that I think has been overlooked for a lot of recent TD's.

When I was brought into the TD world many years ago, Theotherbigjoe used to hold TD's at his house on a regular basis. We would go over there, and were fed, use of tools and educated on how we worked on our bikes. It was customary to leave some money in the tool box to offset the cost of food, drinks, tool usage, and knowledge, Disposal of tires, and oil. With that said, I have held many TD's since, and have NEVER asked, nor expected to have anyone put in for the TD. Yes I feed, drink, and use of tools to anyone that shows up for one of my TD's, that to me is priceless.
Today, I was cleaning up from the TD, and was fascinated by the amount of money LEFT around my house. While absolutely not expected, it was a pleasant surprise from days past.

So when invited to a TD, think about what it took to put it together, and respond accordingly.

I thank you all, and please ride safe!

MB4

·
Administrator
8,261 Posts
It was a stone groove, my man... T.

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
:chopper:

The Backroads I took on the way home were fun. A great way to bypass the 101

·
Administrator
8,261 Posts
Tim and I got in some good back roads and a lot of coastline, then I got some more good back roads before I had to hit I5. Green is going up, red coming home.

I got rained on for 90 miles, from Grapevine to home, but it was a nice rain...

Big Dog and his big dog.

T

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim and I got in some good back roads and a lot of coastline, then I got some more good back roads before I had to hit I5. Green is going up, red coming home.

I got rained on for 90 miles, from Grapevine to home, but it was a nice rain...

Big Dog and his big dog.

T
How did you like Coleman Valley Road?

MB4

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
What's the red thing on the black bike behind you, Mark?

·
Administrator
8,261 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
That was a great TD you held. Everyone was so helpful and just an overall good vibe. I greatly appreciated it. Thanks!

(My friends got a good laugh out of the Mark B (4) bolt story)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts