Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Hey a few years back a couple of guys sponsored a ride that started at Halifax Pa. and went though Gratz Pa. mostly dirt and gravel roads. I had this route on my gps but lost it. Does anyone have the route we took and if so can you send me a map or something so I can reride the thing?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride as long as you stay off 81.
Last year I read a story of a bike wreck on 81.

The authorities believe a beach towel became loose and wrapped
around the back wheel/sprocket causing the bike to fall.
Then they believe the rider was hit by a tractor trailer which never stopped.
Even worse, a second truck runs the guy over and never stopped. Crazy!!

I love riding in that area (the coal hills) but the property owners are getting sued by
idiots that disrespect the land or get hurt.
LOTS of trails up there if you know somebody.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't hear about that one but somehow not surprised.

Anyway these were all state roads dirt and gravel but dirt roads. To my knowledge no private land. These roads were connecting farm roads. I was out there a couple of weeks ago and did't find one of them. I know they are there just couldn't find em. One of the roads was called rattlesnake road. More like a real real rough jeep trail with nothing but big rocks. I went up it once but that is enough. Most of the other roads were just gravel. One place we stopped was a rock face that some of the guys went up and down. Looked like a death wish to me but I digress.
I live further east in Pa. all paved here. Just would like to get out there once in a while and get dusty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts