Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried them, if so is there a noticeable difference?

My throttle hand used to get numb after a few a hours, tried a throttle rocker and it seems to help a bit, still not the perfect cure.

Also, "numb bum", I thought you could only get this from riding a Yamaha Virago, however it seems the stock KLR seat has the same effect on me.

I see there is a Corbin seat available, does it make a big difference ?

BackRoader, is located in Winnipeg Manitoba, today it was a balmy +7C, still no snow..... just another good day to ride !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I didn't like the stock handlebar bend, so I just put better bars on, which also helped eliminate vibration. I'm just using a $40 Answer Aluminum bar in Honda CR High Bend.

Because of a past history of Corbin's absolutely terrible customer service, I won't recommend their products, but I've had a Travelcade Gel seat foam/cover from Dualstar on my KLR since I bought it in 2004 and have taken several 500+ mile days on it. To make it even better, I suggest a sheep skin cover.. All day comfort!!:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Handle Bar Dampener

Thanks Paper,

Never thought to change the handle bar. I will look into it further. I rode a Honda 650 last year and and I owned an old XL500 which I do recall had a some what wider and swallower feel to it.

Insofar as the sheet skin goes, I have been using the same one on my various bikes over the years (1984) and mabe it's starting to loose the magic. Time to replace it.

Thanks again, this forum is proving to be quite helpfull. I am sure many will agree, going to the dealer does not help all the itme, as I find they are focused on the "sale" and the accessory they hanlde.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts