Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of handle bars, hand guards, and mirrors for an 08 klr. See thread Damn deer - 08 klr for reason. I would like to go with aftermarket products for all and would like your input. Is it possible to go with taller handle bars?

Thanks,
Benson

·
Administrator
8,304 Posts
Benson -

Here is a side by side comparison of stock handlebars vs ProTaper Pastrana FMX/ATV Race bars on Rox risers with Highway Dirt Bike guards and top plate. You can see the HDB guard-mounted mirrors. I prefer the stock mirrors.

Here's a front view.

And the final set-up, though I removed the spot mirrors later.

Tom

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
I had a set of Pro-Taper bars on another KLR I owned. I really liked them. I was tempted to remove them when I sold the bike but resisted.

·
Registered
899 Posts
They look a little wider than stock. If that's true I think I'd like them but I use the top little bar on the factory bars to mount a bunch of electronics on. If you saw my bike you'd understand. About the only thing I don't have is a DVD player. LOL!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom - Those bars are slick. Are they a larger diameter than stock? If so here did you get the risers?

·
Administrator
8,304 Posts
I bought the bike with all that stuff already on it. the first time I rode it I fell in love with it.

The Rox risers are available from all the usual places, like motorcycle Superstore.

These are a Speed FX 2" rise and fit the 1 1/8" ProTapers.

Tom

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Pix Requested

They look a little wider than stock. If that's true I think I'd like them but I use the top little bar on the factory bars to mount a bunch of electronics on. If you saw my bike you'd understand. About the only thing I don't have is a DVD player. LOL!
How about a good pix?

Here's mine...

GPS Cradle on left. Camera case holder on right. the pencil with eraser is a pointer for my GPS screen.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Not my picture and it's an early model KLR. Don't know if bars are same but this shows a stock bar next to a Pro Taper ATV High Bend bar.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tom, thanks again.
Larry, you got some busy bars.
klr4evr, thanks for the info.

So many choices, good thing its winter. I got time to shop.

·
Registered
899 Posts
How about a good pix?.
I'll work on that. Right now the KLR is in the unheated part of a 20 degree garage and waiting to be moved to my heated tool room in the next few days. Wife's CB300F is in there now getting some new items installed. Then it's the KLR's turn for a "touch up" but currently the KLR just has to look in the window at the 70 degree CB300F and wish it was that warm. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts