Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this in Wallyworld today. It was by the center consoles, organizers, etc. It's called a Vent Pack Organizer, made to be put in your dash vents to hold an mp3, cell, etc. The arm is made of stiff but flexible metal so I wrapped it around the mirror. I thought I could stick my camera or camcorder in it and quickly put 1 out to shoot.
No pics or feedback on it yet but it looks promising.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Interesting. Would very much appreciate a pic whenever you get the time. How much did It set you back? I was looking for something small to hold my cell phone, house keys, and wallet on short trips and trail riding and that and this sounds right up that ally.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A whopping $3-4.

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
Sounds like an interesting and useful find. I think I'll look into one. I have a tank bag but don't leave it on unless I have a need for it, so wind up putting my camera, phone, etc. in my jacket pockets. It seems this little bag you found would work better.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went by the lake this weekend and saw a smokin' HOTTIE walking along which reminded me I need to get working on camcorder set up and mounted. It's a pain having to tape it on the helmet. I saw this neoprene mesh pocket and thought I could quickly whip it out of there and shoot vid or snap a pic of a cute little chicken crossing the road (or any other fowl you see out in nature).

They make an XL one too. I think it has 2 or 3 pockets but I thought smaller would be better.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had my wife get me the XL, too big and cumbersome looking for me, took it back and got another normal size for the other bike. $3 vs $5

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like an interesting and useful find. I think I'll look into one. I have a tank bag but don't leave it on unless I have a need for it, so wind up putting my camera, phone, etc. in my jacket pockets. It seems this little bag you found would work better.
Quick note-I have seen a few riders with low speed spills crack ribs-from small cameras in their jacket. Not a good idea. Joe Rocket makes a small tank bag that fits quite nice. Magnets are plenty strong and no fear of it becoming detached when in motion.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For those who wanted to see it

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a few of those-never thought of putting them on the bike. They was in the discount bin, mama bought a bunch for stocking stuffers, makes for a frugal farkle, our mostest favoritist kind:)

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
Quick note-I have seen a few riders with low speed spills crack ribs-from small cameras in their jacket. Not a good idea. Joe Rocket makes a small tank bag that fits quite nice. Magnets are plenty strong and no fear of it becoming detached when in motion.
Never thought of that. Sound like words of wisdom to me.

·
Registered
297 Posts

Went and got one last night. Tested it out in cupholder mode this morning. Worked very nicely.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, that's the XL. My camcorder (about the size of a deck of cards) would fit in that front pocket.
Cool to see someone else using it.

I just got back from testing mine. Shot some video putting the cam in and out. Worked slick!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a voltmeter &..?

I'm going to put mine to good use this weekend. I've organized a ride and will take some vid and pics during the ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts