Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I truly am thankful that I bought a KLR, that the PPMC exists, that I have met a ton of great people, and that this forum is always a fun place to visit.

For those who celebrate it, eat some dang turkey! For those who don't, have a great day!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Same here!
I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.
Just don't eat too much like I've already done!

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
I had to go to work but I rode the KLR and got away from the womenfolk who have temporarily taken over my house, so I had those two things going for me. My co-workers were thankful when it was time to go home as, throughout the evening, I made them acutely aware of how badly my mother-in-law's sausage-laced stuffing makes me fart, the sound best described by one woman as "a sheet of panelling being ripped in half."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving day everyone. :)

Btw, just found out that Starbucks is giving away free gift cards all night long on this Thanksgiving.

Here's the link to claim a Free Starbucks gift card: theshoppingpeople.com/go/thanksgivinggiveaway

Enjoy your Thanksgiving day with free Starbucks coffee! :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm going to have a 2nd Thanksgiving Saturday, too, with my family. Sadly, my girlfriend won't be joining me for that... but on the plus side, that means I get to take the KLR to Nevada City! Supposed to be good weather!

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
Include on the list of "Things That Have Gone My Way In Life" the fact that my mother-in-law works in a Wisconsin bakery and always brings us a bunch of stuff from there when she visits. She said she almost didn't have room for everything on this trip so I provided her with the information she'd need to rent a small enclosed U-Haul trailer in the future if space became a problem and she were forced to choose between baked goods and her clothes, etc.

Come to think of it, since I have an appointment with her on Monday, another thing to add to the above list is "I Have A Fat Doctor At The VA Clinic." She never harps on me to lose weight like the skinny ones do.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
my mother-in-law works in a Wisconsin bakery
Which one?? Always looking for a destination for good food!

For Thanksgiving dinner I smoked 3 chickens.. I brined them with kosher salt and apple cider, and then smoked them for 7 hours.. Oh, so good!!:)

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
She brings these to you? She's an evil woman!! Kringles are AWFUL (for anyone on a diet) :)
She gets an employee discount, but it's not huge so she still shows amazing generosity by dropping some serious coin on the stuff she brings. I think this year it was 4 kringles, about 2 dozen donuts, one of those Seven Sisters coffee cakes, a pumpkin pie and a Danish Layer cake that was about 2 feet square.

We found kringles from some other place for sale in Sam's Club last year and tried one and it sucked compared to the O&H ones but I suppose I'm biased.

My wife and I actually take almost all of the stuff she brings and share it with our co-workers. When I put it out at our pre-work meeting, it reminds me of feeding time here with our 4 dogs; lots of jockeying for attention, growling and puddles of drool on the floor. That's the people I work with, not our dogs.

My co-workers will start asking me in September if my mother-in-law is coming to visit this year. They also get all this stuff on Easter.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She gets an employee discount, but it's not huge so she still shows amazing generosity by dropping some serious coin on the stuff she brings. I think this year it was 4 kringles, about 2 dozen donuts, one of those Seven Sisters coffee cakes, a pumpkin pie and a Danish Layer cake that was about 2 feet square.

We found kringles from some other place for sale in Sam's Club last year and tried one and it sucked compared to the O&H ones but I suppose I'm biased.

My wife and I actually take almost all of the stuff she brings and share it with our co-workers. When I put it out at our pre-work meeting, it reminds me of feeding time here with our 4 dogs; lots of jockeying for attention, growling and puddles of drool on the floor. That's the people I work with, not our dogs.

My co-workers will start asking me in September if my mother-in-law is coming to visit this year. They also get all this stuff on Easter.
What you MIL can't come to CA? :50:

·
Registered
689 Posts
LJ: Trusting you enjoyed your day with your growing family! We are doing well as the temps. Outside are dropping! (servicing the snowblower-not the bikes!).

Best to all.
M

1 - 13 of 13 Posts