Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
2022 ABS Traveler- Orange
139 Posts
Seriously you ordered them in November of 21?
Backlogged as all hell. Last time I spoke to one of their reps he mentioned having a dedicated welder for their skid plates as well as one for their engine guards, I think they may have gone through a few different design iterations for both uppers and lowers (which took time) then got hit with massive amounts of orders. At least we (the pre-orders) are getting the lowers and highway pegs for the same cost as the uppers.
$568.61 worth of product for $315.32? I'm more than happy with a ~45% discount if that means waiting.

·
Registered
2022 KLR
105 Posts
Backlogged as all hell. Last time I spoke to one of their reps he mentioned having a dedicated welder for their skid plates as well as one for their engine guards, I think they may have gone through a few different design iterations for both uppers and lowers (which took time) then got hit with massive amounts of orders. At least we (the pre-orders) are getting the lowers and highway pegs for the same cost as the uppers.
$568.61 worth of product for $315.32? I'm more than happy with a ~45% discount if that means waiting.
I couldn’t agree more!!! I hope the lowers arrive during this riding season :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Fed-Ex just dropped them off. Going to be hard to work a full day.. I just want to leave and get these bad boys on
The weekend awaits my friend

·
Registered
139 Posts
@CamoColton Ours should be getting shipped here pretty quick. I ordered mine in late feb so I'm not too far down the line from @Grant440

Reactions: CamoColton

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ouch three months
yay nearly half-off on brand new, quality, american made moto gear from a longstanding reputable company.

Have some grace for a business that fell behind, Tesla pre-orders are literally a year+ out with a lot of other companies in the same conundrum due to the BS going on right now.

Reactions: Grant440

·
Registered
139 Posts
They look righteous. Really like that Mosko tank bag as well

Reactions: Grant440

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
872 Posts
Have any of you mounted generic or purpose built crashbar bags yet? I had some custom ones on a previous bike that I kept misc stuff in. They were awesome. Great for spare tubes.
What says you?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Have any of you mounted generic or purpose built crashbar bags yet? I had some custom ones on a previous bike that I kept misc stuff in. They were awesome. Great for spare tubes.
What says you?
I have not, seen a few bags from Happy trails and the riders that owned them talked about storing exactly that kind of stuff in there. Spare tubes, beefy tools, etc, things that are unlikely to break or get damaged in a fall.

Another benefit the rider mentioned was moving more weight toward the front & evening his gear distribution.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
What says you?
I have a set of Lomo bags that I was planning on trying out. Exactly that stuff: spare tubes and beefy tire tools.

·
Registered
139 Posts
@Grant440 What model windshield is that? Is that the tall or medium height?
I went on a 8 hour ride this weekend an realized I need to get another windshield here pretty soon, I was looking at the medium Vstream windshield since I only need a few more inches to get the wind above my visor

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
147 Posts
I went on a 8 hour ride this weekend an realized I need to get another windshield here pretty soon, I was looking at the medium Vstream windshield since I only need a few more inches to get the wind above my visor
It’s clear so it’s the tall. Medium has a light tint and low is dark.

·
Registered
2022 KLR
105 Posts
Tall, and I love it. I did have some risers and stock windshield and have now taken off risers and just running the tall windshield

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Picked up a big chunk of my order today from Happy Trails. Waiting on engine guards (late next week or early the week after) and luggage plate (end of month). Had a nice long talk with Tim the owner. He’s one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met and it’s always a pleasure to talk to him. part of our talk was about the supply chain issues they’ve been having with steel and aluminum. It was really eye opening for me. I’m a huge fan of Happy Trails and would always wait things out to get their stuff, but our chat today really helped me understand the challenges producers are facing. It isn’t their fault, that’s for sure. Anyway, pics or it didn’t happen. Skid plate, plate isolator, center stand, fork brace. The stuff is gorgeous:
Road surface Asphalt Triangle Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Reactions: RagTag559
101 - 120 of 161 Posts