Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Sand Khaki, non-ABS
160 Posts
What's your address? I'll swing by and stand watch to keep the riff raff away! When did you place your order?
My order was placed March 5, with an original ETA of April 22.

·
Registered
2022 KLR
105 Posts
I had a talk with Todd at Cogent we talked for about a half hour. Trying to figure out where we could mount that remote adjuster for their shock. These happy trail guards are using the same mounting location that cogent needed. I wish I lived closer to Cogent so they could use my bike to mock stuff up. Anyone located close to Cogent with Happy Trail engine guards :)

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
872 Posts
On non abs models, there is a huge unused void on the right upper side of the fuel tank. Up under the fairing, opposite of the radiator. Clear as mud yes? The cable/line for the adjuster may be too short though. The remote adjuster isn't even needed. It's easy to get the pin tool on the color without removing anything on the bike from my experience. All my previous bikes were similar to adjust. Imho, the remote adjuster is a fluff farkle with a very hefty price tag. Ymmv

·
Registered
2022 KLR
105 Posts
On non abs models, there is a huge unused void on the right upper side of the fuel tank. Up under the fairing, opposite of the radiator. Clear as mud yes? The cable/line for the adjuster may be too short though. The remote adjuster isn't even needed. It's easy to get the pin tool on the color without removing anything on the bike from my experience. All my previous bikes were similar to adjust. Imho, the remote adjuster is a fluff farkle with a very hefty price tag. Ymmv
I really appreciate that, I think with that I'm going to pull the plug and order it

·
Registered
2022 KLR
105 Posts
you able to post a pic with pin wrench on the collar

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
872 Posts
Sorry I forgot to take a picture for you. Unless you change your preload every ride, it's a set it and forget it setup. I did 100 percent verify I can get the adjuster tool and make adjustments without removing anything from the bike. When Cogent sent my shock, they had the preload spot on. I triple checked it before installing.
I think the remote adjuster is for folks who change preload several times a day and like to fiddle with stuff or if you ride 2 up often.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Installed the shock (mostly) yesterday. Going to fiddle with the preload adjuster today. I have Happy Trails engine guards coming so will see what the final set up will be when they get here. But there is extra play in the line to the adjuster. I was even thinking of putting it on the left side instead of the right. There is more room on the frame and in looks like I could clear the mount for the engine guards. Will post up pics if I do that.

Reactions: Reveille

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
872 Posts
Installed the shock (mostly) yesterday. Going to fiddle with the preload adjuster today. I have Happy Trails engine guards coming so will see what the final set up will be when they get here. But there is extra play in the line to the adjuster. I was even thinking of putting it on the left side instead of the right. There is more room on the frame and in looks like I could clear the mount for the engine guards. Will post up pics if I do that.
You may be able to relocate the goofy roll over sensor to make room on the left side or just remove it and make a bypass plug. I disabled mine so when I do back flips over doubles, the bike doesn't shut off on me! Haha.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
You may be able to relocate the goofy roll over sensor to make room on the left side or just remove it and make a bypass plug. I disabled mine so when I do back flips over doubles, the bike doesn't shut off on me! Haha.
Yeah, I have to pull the tank to install heated grips this weekend so I’m gonna do that and have a thorough look at things to see what can be viable options. There sure is a lot more “stuff” packed inside the Gen 3. 🤣

121 - 140 of 161 Posts