Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
2022 ABS Traveler- Orange
139 Posts
Yeah, but don't say sh*t here about HTP or the torches and pitchforks come out.
I will say it's a nice product. Bolted up first try, no shenanigans.
I’m on a business trip currently, but the local Fedex store has my order. I’ll be picking them up this Sunday, I couldn’t be happier :giggle:

I’ll post the results here once installed, I think @Reveille was asking earlier about the leg room.

Reactions: Reveille

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
872 Posts
I’m on a business trip currently, but the local Fedex store has my order. I’ll be picking them up this Sunday, I couldn’t be happier :giggle:

I’ll post the results here once installed, I think @Reveille was asking earlier about the leg room.
Yep. Not just leg/knee room but if you contact the upper rear support bar while standing and squeezing the bike with you legs. That would be a deal breaker for me.
This is why the new swmotech bars intrigue me since they don't have a bar there.

·
Registered
'22 Sand Khaki, non-ABS
160 Posts
Yep. Not just leg/knee room but if you contact the upper rear support bar while standing and squeezing the bike with you legs. That would be a deal breaker for me.
This is why the new swmotech bars intrigue me since they don't have a bar there.
I don't feel the crash bars at all while standing, but your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
139 Posts
@Reveille Just installed mine, I don't feel the engine guards at all when riding/gripping the tank while standing. I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam for reference.

Vehicle Hood Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
'22 Sand Khaki, non-ABS
160 Posts
@Reveille Just installed mine, I don't feel the engine guards at all when riding/gripping the tank while standing. I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam for reference.

View attachment 35066

View attachment 35067

View attachment 35068
I'm 5'10", 32 inseam. No contact either as I previously stated. Definitely enjoy how out of the way they are around the leg-regions lol.

I wear Alpinestars Corezal boots, so my lower legs are pretty well protected from anything on the bike, but still no interference.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Alpinestars Corezal boots
Have you figured out how to get rid of the damn squeaking? I enjoy the comfort and protection so far but I'm not a fan of the boots announcing my arrival

·
Registered
'22 Sand Khaki, non-ABS
160 Posts
Have you figured out how to get rid of the damn squeaking? I enjoy the comfort and protection so far but I'm not a fan of the boots announcing my arrival
Nope, I just sound like an idiot everywhere I walk in them. I think my brother used some sort of dry-lube on his.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
872 Posts
Just tell everybody you live in a farmhouse and you're used to the squeaking sound. Or tell them it's just your knees which in my case is true...

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Happy trails engine guards picked up yesterday and installed today. Yes, it was a long wait, but these things are NICE.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Agreed. I also checked on the lowers and they said they had a bunch of them coming back from powder coat this week
I ordered the lowers later when I decided I wanted foot pegs because I’m old. 🤣

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
132 Posts
Have any of you mounted generic or purpose built crashbar bags yet? I had some custom ones on a previous bike that I kept misc stuff in. They were awesome. Great for spare tubes.
What says you?
Not Happy Trails crash bars but I did mount some Tusk bags to my TRex crash bars. They are really nice, have good space inside and quite sturdy!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Not Happy Trails crash bars but I did mount some Tusk bags to my TRex crash bars. They are really nice, have good space inside and quite sturdy!
That looks like a Very Nice set-up!
Are you going to do an IBA Saddlesore or BunBurner on your KLR?

Maybe IBA needs to make an 'Adventure Bike' catagory, with 'X' percentage of dirt roads?
Wouldn't that be cool?

·
Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998, 1987; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,274 Posts
Paul, I think you’re into something—an Ironbutt ADV ride that includes, say, 50 miles off road. A regular 1000-mile rise on highways is a very long day. Adding a off-road section would make it really tough.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
I've done numerous days of mixed ADV type riding of 250-500 miles with upto 75% dirt & gravel routes on the shorter days.
Last Oct. 3rd I reeled off 504 miles / 12.5 hrs with about 20% dirt & gravel routes, leaf peeping in Southern WY & Northern CO from Lander WY and back. Was within 25 miles of Steamboat Springs CO at Hauns Peak Roadhouse for lunch & gas.

141 - 160 of 161 Posts