Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just contacted Twisted Throttle to discuss the possibility of mounting Pelican 1430's to their Quick Lok carriers. They informed me that they are about three weeks away from coming out with an adapter kit to accommodate the Pelican 1550 cases. The 1550's appear to be larger than the 1430's and are side opening cases instead on top opening like the 1430's.

Has anyone out there mounted 1550's on their bike and, if so, how did they fare. I have side opening stock cases on my Concours and it hasn't been an issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paper,

Thanks for the quick response...I didn't think of mounting a 1550 as a top case too, but I think it's a great idea. I think this will probably be the way I go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to go with the side opening 1550's instead of the top loading 1430's. I mounted these on the Motech quick release rack from Twisted Throttle. I was about to order the mounting kit they just released, but the cost was around $140. I don't know what the kit includes that makes it that expensive, but I decided to spend about $7 at the Home Despot for galvanized 1/4" bolts and misc. hardware to mount the cases. The attached thread shows how I mounted the cases to the racks. The racks can be removed from their mounting positions in about 20 seconds, so the cases are easily detached if you want to bring your gear into a motel room or store away in your garage if you're just tooling around town and don't want attached cases all the time.

http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/xx350/kpacman/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts