Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like them better than the "cage" that's available. Thing I do not like is the mounting it to the footpegs. That is already a big problem on these bikes and ff you go down you are risking damage in that area more than w/out them IMO.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bones said:
I like them better than the "cage" that's available. Thing I do not like is the mounting it to the footpegs. That is already a big problem on these bikes and ff you go down you are risking damage in that area more than w/out them IMO.
Exactly. You can crash and save the engine and tank, but your footpeg gets torn off.

The footpeg mount is a weak point. The 10mm bolts on my KLR attest to that.

IMO, they should have put the rear mount just forward of the peg mount. Had they done that, they'd be on my KLR.
It is a great idea and I like the layout tho.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys,
I looked at the installation but never made a connection that if you dropped the bike it could rip off the foot peg.
Have people been having trouble with this area of the bike??

·
Registered
100 Posts
John said:
Thanks for the replys,
I looked at the installation but never made a connection that if you dropped the bike it could rip off the foot peg.
Have people been having trouble with this area of the bike??
Mine has never been down on the right side and the bolts were so loose it stripped the threads to the point I could not chase them. I had to drill and tap them to 12mm and LOCKTITE them in. So far so good in 3K miles. Left side was okay and it has been down a few times there and I just put some locktite on them and so far all is well there. I am doing a lot of winter maintenance and checked mine last night and they were still nice and tight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Bones,
I thought Mr.Rogers was a crown drinker. :lol:
Thanks for the info.
I think I will get a set of these.
I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like a hepco-becker clone they use on the BMW's, sturdy on the beemer, but the footpeg mount would worry me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts