Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to come to WV and ride the Hatfield McCoy trails Dual Sport style... On and off road...riding from one trailhead to another....and then some WV paved mountain roads between trailheads...I have a fairly open schedule...I don't do Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings...I go to Church at those times...otherwise hit me up...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indian ridge and Pocahontas are within 20 minute drive from me...the Pinnacle creek trail is about an hour away and the others are 1.5-2 hrs away.... Indian ridge and Pocahontas are actually tied together so you can start on one and ride for awhile then a connector to the other and come out in the next town over....

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Indian ridge and Pocahontas are within 20 minute drive from me...the Pinnacle creek trail is about an hour away and the others are 1.5-2 hrs away.... Indian ridge and Pocahontas are actually tied together so you can start on one and ride for awhile then a connector to the other and come out in the next town over....
Pinnacle Creek and Indian Ridge are linked also by trail and road; from a visit last year at Ashland Resort.

The Pocahontas Trail System was under construction, and not open at the time of our visit; would like to give them a look-see.

Thus, three trail systems may now be ridden, I guess one might say, "contiguously."

Anyhow, that's "one-stop shopping" to hundreds of miles of well-marked, well-maintained trails of identified levels of difficulty.

Thanks for your generous offer; will contact you if I can "slip off" to the Hatfield-McCoy Trails this summer!

·
Registered
186 Posts
info ??

Anyone want to come to WV and ride the Hatfield McCoy trails Dual Sport style... On and off road...riding from one trailhead to another....and then some WV paved mountain roads between trailheads...I have a fairly open schedule...I don't do Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings...I go to Church at those times...otherwise hit me up...
hey,,

wanted to know...???..
do they close that trail system down in winter months ???

down here in N.C. -any/all national forest roads ,,,are seasonal = closed dec thro winter till march (wet season)...

so are the, hatfield/mc cory trails ,, open all year ??

·
Registered
303 Posts
One of these days I hope to make it down there, but the thought of 300+ miles of pavement on knobbies, just isn't all that appealing to me. Maybe some time I'll be able to get off work for long enough to take the BRT down there and avoid most of the pavement.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My tires are trailwings by bridgstone.... 80/20's they get along ok on the Hatfield McCoy basic trails as long as its not raining ....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
open 365 days a year as far as I know....

hey,,

wanted to know...???..
do they close that trail system down in winter months ???

down here in N.C. -any/all national forest roads ,,,are seasonal = closed dec thro winter till march (wet season)...

so are the, hatfield/mc cory trails ,, open all year ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts