Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered one of these headlight bulbs and was wondering if anyone else has done the same? how well you liked it and/or if you had any problems.
thanks in advance!

PIAA H4 60/55W=135/125W Super Plasma GT-X Anti-Vibration

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=PIA-BULB

.lagg

..also, at the sight included, does anyone have experience with which led tail light bulb replacement to get?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Any extra light's a good thing!!
I had PIAA driving lights on my former BMW and they turned night into Daylight! They were unbelievably bright.

I haven't heard about this light, so I'd love to see the comparison and what you think of them.

While out playing last fall on really rough gravel roads I lost both my high and low beam on my 2-3 year old 55/100 bulb. I ended up sticking in a Silverstar bulb. It's not bad, but I need more light at night.. Must be an age thing.:character00271:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hear ya, i am installing that bulb, an led cluster tail light and doing the mirror vinyl tail light mod...what about a way to keep the amber blinkers on as running lights?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Please post when after the install.
I'm curious to know how it works out.

Last summer I didn't have much use for the headlight seeing it was light most of the time. But when fall came, it got dark early and the stocker is kinda wimpy. I do need to do the headlight rewire, but a new bulb would be an easy upgrade if it worked.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
160 Posts
I too, am curious as to how it works out for you. Please post results, photos would be nice.

BackRoader

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't know about the PIA headlight bulb, but I do know you shouldn't stick a 85/100 watt bulb as it will probably melt the bulb socket and wiring. I have installed/converted the turn signals to running/turn signals by installing 3 way sockets from pep boys( each pepboys only stock two at a time so a visit to more than one auto parts store in in order) More visability is always a plus. I've done this to all previous bikes.klr650,klr250,zx11,hayabusa,zx6,zx7

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just ordered one of these headlight bulbs and was wondering if anyone else has done the same? how well you liked it and/or if you had any problems.
thanks in advance!

PIAA H4 60/55W=135/125W Super Plasma GT-X Anti-Vibration

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=PIA-BULB

.lagg

..also, at the sight included, does anyone have experience with which led tail light bulb replacement to get?
Great Googa Moogas... I see PIAA is still VERY proud of their bulbs! If one is looking for a bulb that produces a lot of lumens (visable light) and is drawing stock wattage do a search for Phillips +80 and/or Osram +90. I have 'em in my Conc C14 and the KLR. And the most that I've seen 'em for is about 25 bux. And the aren't a blue tinted bulb like the PIAAs that I've seen in the past.

Here's an excellent site that deasl with automotive lights...

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts