Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have a problem with the 15amp fuse for the headlight blowing. I believe all the rub spots in the wiring have been looked after. Fuse does not blow when I turn on the ignition but blows when I start the bike. Socket to headlight looks good and I replaced the bulb just in case it was bad. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had a loose wire going into the headlight that did that.I don't have the stock headlight or harness anymore,so it is abit hard for me think what it is like.What i would try is motor off ignition on head light on then shake the you know what out off it see if that will make it short.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The fuse for my headlight on my gen1 kept burning out. I replaced the 15A with a 20 A fuse and have had no more problems. That was two years ago.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The 08 had a service bulletin that said there was chaffing near wire loom at neck of frame.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last night I found and rectified the problem. Some time ago, I made up my own LED driving lights and put a toggle switch into the dash. The spot for the switch is the dimple in the dash on the right side. Over time the switch rotated somewhat and made contact with a sharp edge behind the dash. I had used two layers of shrink tube over the switch terminals but that was not enough. To used switched power for the lights, I had tapped into the license plate wiring. As some already know, this circuit handles the head light, rear running light and the license plate light. All is well now and many thanks for the collective input I received. The upside to all this is that all rub spots were double checked, re routed and covered with wiring loom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts