Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lost headlight, high and low beam. I checked the bulb and all the wire connections I have found.

Any ideas on what I am not finding? Am I missing a hidden fuse?

Help,lol.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it was the fuse. The manual and local dealer could not indicate where fuses were located on my 06.

The manual indicated it was located under seat in a fuse box. It was located in line by battery (as indicated by other poster)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Guys.. If you slow when you switch the hi/low beam switch on the bar, or if it gets stuck between the two for a couple seconds, what happens is that both hi and low beam are lit, until it blows the fuse..

Common problem... Always carry a few spare fuses.. Never know when a tankbag, or a thumb is going to push that button only part way..

·
Registered
517 Posts
Your supposed to switch the 10 amp fuse for the 15 amp. Google klr650FAQ and read the klr bible.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Your supposed to switch the 10 amp fuse for the 15 amp. Google klr650FAQ and read the klr bible.
The 15 amp fuse will help if you're slow on the trigger, but if your tankbag pushes it to center, it's gonna blow, even with a 15 amp..

Someone installed a 15 amp self resetting breaker in there, but I can't remember who it was..

·
Registered
517 Posts
My 15amp has never blown. I've had mine since 95

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
And I had one blow, but it was just as I mentioned.. I had done a hard left turn in a parking lot and the tankbag had pushed the switch to the center.. Guy I was riding with mentioned my headlight was out, and when I looked, it was still centered on the switch.

If you have both filaments burning longer than a few seconds, it's going to blow the fuse..

·
Registered
7 Posts
can someone answer a question about my turning blinker? it was not flashing so I purchased a new flasher put it on, and after about 3 uses it is having same problem, will not flash. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
If you have both filaments burning longer than a few seconds, it's going to blow the fuse..
A 15-amp fuse will handle 180 watts at 12 volts. 180 watts seems greater power than both headlight filaments demand (or Mr. Ohm was just kidding when he gave us his formulas).

If you blew a 15-amp headlight fuse, maybe a short-circuit rather than simultaneous filaments might be the cause.

Possible? Switch shorted out when tank bag hit it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts