Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being invisible, ignored, or disrespected so much I have decided I need to become more noticeable. I know Kisan technologies makes the path Blazer headlight modulator. Are there any others? Who would be a good vendor? Are there any other upgrades I need to do to support the headlight modulator? I plan on buying the headlight modulator as soon as I can.

·
Registered
38 Posts
tomatocity,

I have an opinion on the headlight modulators. I won't run one on a bike.

Why?

Well, let me ask you a question. When you are being passed, how do you signal when it is alright for that person to pull back in? You flash your headlights at them.

I personally think that many drivers interpret the flashing of the lights as a signal to pull out - or "it's okay".

Just my opinion of course.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marty said:
tomatocity,

I have an opinion on the headlight modulators. I won't run one on a bike.

Why?

Well, let me ask you a question. When you are being passed, how do you signal when it is alright for that person to pull back in? You flash your headlights at them.

I personally think that many drivers interpret the flashing of the lights as a signal to pull out - or "it's okay".

Just my opinion of course.
Good thought. I never thought of that. Shortly after I learned I would be responsible for the vehicle re-entering the lane I stopped flashing my headlights. My thoughts were with safety vehicles. They usually have the alternating flashing headlights if they are a cager. I don't have an idea what the CHP and PD motorcycles use other than the blue and reds. Though there are enough of them in downtown Sacramento to ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The CHP (I'm a retired CHP Sgt.) does not use headlight modulators on their motors. The only time their headlights modulate is when they are running with their emergency equipment on. I have personally used a headlight modulator for over 40 years and wouldn't ride without one. They especially work great when splitting lanes as they get drivers attention much quicker, That is other than the idiots who never look inter rearview mirrors.

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
The CHP (I'm a retired CHP Sgt.) does not use headlight modulators on their motors. The only time their headlights modulate is when they are running with their emergency equipment on. I have personally used a headlight modulator for over 40 years and wouldn't ride without one. They especially work great when splitting lanes as they get drivers attention much quicker, That is other than the idiots who never look inter rearview mirrors.
Thanks for reviving this thread! I also run one on my KLR. It really does get the drivers attention when I'm splitting lanes. It's also nice on back-roads when slower vehicle is in front of you. I've noticed that some drivers will pull over and let you pass when you have it on.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
We run headlight modulators on all 5 of our bikes. I recommend Kisan electronics. They offer a "plug and play" setup for the KLR, used a spice in on other bikes. You will get many opinions on headlight modulators. I know first hand they do make you more conspicuous and will install one on every bike I own ... We have gen 2's, on a gen 1 a splice in would be the way to go ...

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
We run headlight modulators on all 5 of our bikes. I recommend Kisan electronics. They offer a "plug and play" setup for the KLR, used a spice in on other bikes. You will get many opinions on headlight modulators. I know first hand they do make you more conspicuous and will install one on every bike I own ... We have gen 2's, on a gen 1 a splice in would be the way to go ...

My Kisan was plug and play on my Gen1 - no splicing needed

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have to wonder how unpleasant it would be if everyone coming at you from either direction was flashing their head lights at you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts