Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's,

I am getting some heated gear in the next week. I found out that I should have plenty of power to run it on my ST, but I need to find out what the KLR's watt output is, and also what it uses for it's normal stuff like lights and such!!

My gear supposelly uses 143 watts. My gps uses roughly 6 watts. Will the KLR handle running that plus keep the battery charged??

Thanks for any help you can give!!

Kim

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The 07 and older KLR's typically have enough power to run either grip heaters, or a heated vest, or maybe some 30 watt driving lights. They don't have enough output to run much more than one item at a time. The 08's have a bit more output, maybe enough to run grip heaters and a vest. I used to know the exact amount of wattage that was available on the 07's back, but have forgotten. 70 watts is what sticks out in my mind. Hoping someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 07 and older KLR's typically have enough power to run either grip heaters, or a heated vest, or maybe some 30 watt driving lights. They don't have enough output to run much more than one item at a time. The 08's have a bit more output, maybe enough to run grip heaters and a vest. I used to know the exact amount of wattage that was available on the 07's back, but have forgotten. 70 watts is what sticks out in my mind. Hoping someone else will chime in.
Wow, that sucks!! Guess I will have to only ride the klr on warmer days!! LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts