Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not affiliated with either company. I've had my Steves a while now and they are amazing. A lot of money for gloves, but I used to cheap out and I'd go through gloves fast...stitches give out, etc. Anyway, I dig the Steves. I wish I had only paid 89.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't get real hot here. Paper has a pair, he might know. I have worn them on some pretty stinking hot rides and they weren't bad. Not mesh, but not bad.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/bargain_basement/held/steve_motorcycle_gloves.html

They're the most wonderful glove I've ever used, bar none!

That said, you're going to need a pretty small hand to get the $89.99 deal.. Click the pull down for what's left.. These have gone from "closeout" to "bargain basement" because there so few sizes left..

If you can fit in a pair, you're going to be happy with them.. A year later, you'll be even more happy.

They now offer Steve II gloves for $160, with the difference being you not only get 1/2 size sizing, but short or long fingers, too. http://www.newenough.com/street/gloves/street_or_racing_gauntlet/held/steve_ii_motorcycle_gloves.html

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oh WOW they look amazing! I so want a pair! Sadly they might just break the bank unless I go cheaper on the knee braces...

How do you think they will hold up in 120 degree heat?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
The heat thing is up to you.. They're a race thickness leather that's not ventilated. The cuff blocks wind from going up your jacket.. Good in the winter, not so good in the summer..

When it's super hot here, it means it's also super humid.. When the weather is like that, I wear a pair of Honda perforated gloves that I've had for years, mostly because of a very short cuff which allows air up my sleeves of my jacket.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Oh WOW they look amazing! I so want a pair! Sadly they might just break the bank unless I go cheaper on the knee braces...

How do you think they will hold up in 120 degree heat?

I wear Aerostich Elkskin Gauntlet Gloves here in the desert. To me they're more comfy than the ventilated summer type gloves. Seems like my hands will sweat a bit in them and that keeps them tolerably cool. I've read that you can wet them down but I haven't tried that or seen the need.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bad, thanks for checking the sizes out, P. It might almost be worth cutting the tips of your fingers off for $89. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts