Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark here, currently residing in Montgomery, AL. Picked up a 2009 KLR w/6k miles a few days ago and can't wait to get the thing registered so I can actually ride it! (I am active military and a resident of Oregon, titling and registering will take a few weeks)

Been admiring the KLR for quite some time now, I have little to no off road experience but really wanted to get this "jack of all trades" bike so I can get off the beaten path when I want to and stick to the pavement when I don't. I'll probably be retiring next year and moving back to Oregon & plan on commuting with it as well. Done a little lurking here and some other sites and have been trying to soak up some knowledge, so thanks to all you contributors!

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum, thank you for your service, enjoy the bike and your time here.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for your service to this great country, hope you got the black one, more Harley riders wave at you and they are faster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did get the black one, but you'll have to educate me on what makes it faster, lol.

Half the time I don't even wave to the Harley riders when I'm on my Harley!

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Ex-Army here: '85/'98.

Get or make yourself one of these. Never worry about waving chores again!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum, thank you for your service, enjoy the bike and your time here.
Ditto. And I'll add, I came into the KLR world with no significant dirt experience. It has been a great bike to learn on. Welcome.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts