Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, new member on the "other" site too, but thought I'd check out this new community. Promise I won't tell on Bikerscout. :roll:
My new (to me) KLR is supposed to show up in the area sometime tomorrow, but I may not be able to pick it up til later in the week next week. Sigh, the waiting is killing me!

Anyway, just sayin hello.
D

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Welcome to the insanity!

Glad you came over, now stay a while and learn some good stuff!

Regards,

MB4

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Welcome:

When you do pick it up make sure you check it over good. Dealers have been known to forget a few things while preping the KLR.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Biker Scout said:
Great... just call me fricken Moses leading the mass exedus to the promised land. And we all rode KLR's though the Red Sea. 8)
were do you put your staff

·
Registered
153 Posts
Biker:

didnt know you into fishing. I have organized a fly fishing trip in the Chris Flats area off of 395. we will be there in 3 weeks. if your interested you are welcome to join. I will be on the KLR, camping.

·
Registered
595 Posts
:lol: No, I'm not into fishing... now, if it were called "Catching" I'd be all into it. I like the idea of fishing, but every time I go I end skipping rocks, climbing boulders, looking for trails, rocks, lizards. You know... "Scouting"

·
Registered
153 Posts
I usually catch. anyways you welcome to come and we'll ride some dirt. thats your neck of the woods anyways.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Biker Scout said:
Great... just call me fricken Moses leading the mass exedus to the promised land. And we all rode KLR's though the Red Sea. 8)
Well, its not your fault. You were just the messenger. Of course, you could get an avatar with Moses holding the Ten Commandments: Thou shalt not post www.klr650.com..... :D

·
Banned
411 Posts
New member here, new member on the "other" site too, but thought I'd check out this new community. Promise I won't tell on Bikerscout. :roll:
My new (to me) KLR is supposed to show up in the area sometime tomorrow, but I may not be able to pick it up til later in the week next week. Sigh, the waiting is killing me!

Anyway, just sayin hello.
D
Check your oil, it should COVER the sight glass, not between the factory lines. Read up on break in procedures and change your oil at 50-100-200 miles. You will be amazed at how much break in "glitter" you find.Lots of hard acceleration and engine braking during break in, don't exceed 5K for first 200 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts