Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm a Yank that has some questions about how you guys deal with some of the KLR 650 issues. In the US, there are some common upgrades, in particular, the balancer chain adjuster lever, or doohickey. Many here address a factory lean carburetor setting. Carburetor shims and drilling of the slide. Once the engine is squared away, it seems we have a lifetime of suspension issues to deal with.

I'm curious what you down under use for suppliers, and what some of the more popular upgrades are. I have read that the doohickey is not viewed as that big of an issue. Is this accurate? Who supplies the replacements? From what I understand, shipping from the US to OZ is outrageous. I would guess you have vendors who have stepped up to the plate to fill the void?

You guys probably have the same issues we do. Oil burners, suspension upgrades, carburetor adjustments. What's available to you for parts and solutions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are importers for a reasonable range of the more common accessories, the Doohickey kits have to be imported from the US which makes it quite a bit more expensive so less people bother doing it but there are bikes here that have been done. I intend doing mine as soon as the factory warranty runs out (Kawasaki Australia don't seem to like this particular modification, or maybe it's just our local dealers that don't either way they don't).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts