Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, always wanted a dual sport(except they were called "street and trails" back when i first knew i needed one. when i finally could get one it was a KLR A3, and that was it , I was hooked, not just on the dual sports but the KLR. unfortunetly this passed spring the wife convinced me that we needed the money more than the bike, so i sold it :mad0235: and cheep too:mad0235: but such is life, so now I've been trying to find a replacement and i found one in a 1990 Tengai but it needs a lot of work. so I'am joining to get your input and knowlodg on how to procced, here are some of the details; as i said it is a 1990 tengai, not running, missing almost all the plastic( fairing and bottom cowing are there but falling off) no radiator res., no clutch cabel, no batt., 37K+ milage, bent bars, etc. basicaly it is one or two steps above a "basket case" thank goodness this guy didnt tare into the engine, but none of that is what I'm hung up on. It is the fact that the guy has no title for the bike. So after all that I guess what i'm asking is " should I or shouldn't I?" sorry so long just wanted you to see my dalema. Please let me hear what u all think

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't buy a vehicle with no title. I bet if you keep looking on craigslist and the forums, you can find a bike that you can fix up that will be titled.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
What Lackjaw said the red tape is to much of a hassle and still no garante you will get a tital. :character00271:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah!

maybe you guys are right, but i cant get over the fact that, Tengais are hard to find, in any condition,and the deal i was working on didn't involve cash, just a good oldfasion trade. so do you guys think i should hit or stay?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
honestly!

the seller claims that it needs a new CDI unit. but after meeting him it very well may be as simple as a kick stand cut-off or clutch cut-off switch bypass issue: you know what I MEEN:18:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts