Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I am recently retired and have been a loyal BMW GS rider since the early 80's. This spring I will be buying my first KLR as my beloved GS's have turned into behemoth SUV's loaded with stuff I don't want or need.

My riding now is all backroads low and slow with the occasional super slab. I look forward to meeting some of you in the area for grub and water mixed with barley and hops...I will be getting a new 2015 and have enjoyed reading and watching the reports and videos concerning the "doohicky" thing and a few other bits and pieces.

I haven't had the chance yet to scan the forums for get togethers regarding tech meet ups and rides. The last Kawi I owned was a black 550 LTD( don't remember the year) back when I thought I was really cool.

I live in the Fines Creek area near Hwy 209. Please let me know if there is a KLR group in the area. Thanks, Tim.

·
Registered
913 Posts
.....I live in the Fines Creek area near Hwy 209........
Welcome to the forum. Great guys here that will help you.

Do you know how lucky you are to live where you do! The parkway is some of the best riding I've every been on and then there's fireroads and 215 and 276, 151 etc etc etc! We go camping in Maggie Valley and Brevard. Love that area. If we were going to move it would be there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Toney,

If you are ever in the area give me a PM and we can meet up. I usually have a spare bedroom and garage.

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hey Toney,

If you are ever in the area give me a PM and we can meet up. I usually have a spare bedroom and garage.

Cheers, Tim
Thanks for the kind bedroom offer but we take a 31 foot camper and all the goodies of home but I'd love to get together and ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome! I live over the hill in Gray, TN
I would enjoy getting together for lunch in Hot Springs, Burnsville, Little Switzerland, or any of the many great spots we have to ride.
I'm in Florida from Nov thru March, but spend Apr thru Oct up there.
Stay in touch!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome! I live over the hill in Gray, TN
I would enjoy getting together for lunch in Hot Springs, Burnsville, Little Switzerland, or any of the many great spots we have to ride.
I'm in Florida from Nov thru March, but spend Apr thru Oct up there.
Stay in touch!
Hey Alien,

I too go back and forth. I will be heading back to central FL a few days before Christmas and will return back to heaven the middle of March. Give me a PM after Christmas and we can meet on the road somewhere in FL. Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts