Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there folks!
I've been poking around this forum for a few weeks ever since I decided to make the switch from Harleys to dual sport. Just got my first KLR last friday and haven't been in my truck or touched the Harley since.
Just wanted to say hi and thanks for what looks to be a friendly and informative site.
On a side note, I was on the road yesterday and stopped for a smoke, ran in to a guy from Canada on a Suzuki and said he just bought a KLR, loves it, been to this forum and did the 22 cent mod and it worked great for him. Got some wrenchin of my own to do but the PO had street tires on the bike so that's first on the priority list(already dropped it :t1202:)

Cheers!

JT

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Hello from Central Coast..

Good Afternoon Whisky Fish,

Welcome! It is good to have another Central Californian. I feel confident is saying you are going to truly regard this site as an encyclopedia of information and hilarity. If you are ever in the Bay Area let us know. We have quite a few KLRista's who are itching to ride.

Snakeboy66

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did u find the transition to dirt relatively straightforward?
Totally different kinda riding. A harley wants to stay upright and go straight, you kinda plan your turns and when you get in the groove it's kinda like classical music, somewhat rythmic. So far I've found the KLR to be more like rock and roll, hugely reactive. That's just my initial reaction. I know this bike has a lot to teach me.

And thanks for the invite Snake, same goes for you all down here. Already found a fantastic route from Paso Robles through the hills to the coast. Spits you out just below Big Sur.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts