Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I just bought a 2000 KLR with 25,636 miles on it today. I got it home and went for a spin and I gotta say I haven't had that much fun in years! I rode all over northeast, Ct for about 3 hours. I didn't want to get off the bike..lol!

Looking forward to getting some good mod info from this website and maybe even finding some riding buddies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am near Glastonbury CT and I have had my '01 for about 2 months. I have put over 700 miles just state forest roads and such. Anyway if you ever wanna go riding or are in area hit me up. I enjoy riding but usually am very cautious. Have fun with the new bike.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome!

A little background: I rode a few different street bikes when I was in my late teens and early twenties but I am 40 now so It's been quite a while since I've been on two wheels other than a mountain bike. Like I said it was really exciting! I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to going out again later this week or for sure this weekend.

Not sure but I think I may sell this one next spring and get an '08 or newer. This one only has 5 speeds and I really think it could use a 6th gear. I got it up to 70mph once and it was at around 6K rpms and was vibrating quite a bit, which I understand is pretty normal for these bikes. I just didn't like it though. A six speed tranny would be perfect on this bike IMO.

Not much time to type...so much on my mind about this bike..lol. I got to get up at 4 (Actually late day for me!) so I'm off to bed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, I am near Glastonbury CT and I have had my '01 for about 2 months. I have put over 700 miles just state forest roads and such. Anyway if you ever wanna go riding or are in area hit me up. I enjoy riding but usually am very cautious. Have fun with the new bike.
Hey! Sounds good...maybe we could go for a spin sometime. I'm fairly cautious myself. Not sure about riding any trails yet as the bike is too tall for me to put both feet down flat. I have to tip toe when I stop..lol. I am definately looking forward to hitting some state forest roads though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts