Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
We've owned a 650 KLR of 2002 vintage and are looking real hard at doing it again with a 2009.
Hope to return as a new KLR owner in the near future.
In the mean-time we'll lurk and learn.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Hook...Line... and Sinker

Congrats!

MB4

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings from So. California

I purchased my new 2009 KLR 650 in October and I have just under 2,000Mi on it now! Even though our weather is nice most of the year and it has been from the time I purchased it up to the beginning of February...So that slowed me down some...I DO NOT ride when I even think it might rain...not thanks. I'm too old for that kind of adventure. I bought the bike after trading in a Honda VTX 1300c that bike was my 5th Honda, was simply too heavy. Never owned a Kawi, but I just love this one, Black/Some green. Since I only bought the bike because I cut some 200+ lbs off my ride and to be used on the street/Highways and twisties. By the way, even with the factory tires this bike handles great in the twisties...I have not changed the factory tires yet but I will soon to Pirelli's "Scorpion Trails"...they don't look like a trail tire but they are a good looking pair of "H" rated street tires and they can be used 25% of the time on trails. I recommend the KLR 650 over the competitors...just compare what you get here vs the others. I believe that some of the features that sold the KLR to me...6.1 Gal tank, a fairing, a large luggage rack and a seat that is far better than it's competitors. Anyway, that's how I see it. Enjoy your ride whatever you choose and be safe!
Best regards, Jim 02.13.2010

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Welcome new doodz !!!

That's funny about hook, line,n' sinker.
These things grow on ya more and
more like a good marriage (without all the bitchin'). LOL

The blue looks the coolest.
The red looks the hottest.
But black is the fastest color. LOLOLOLOL

Enjoy life and the bikes,
CheapMark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts